Studio is incredibly laggy and unusable

Ever since I updated my studio on Sunday (8/13), studio’s performance has dropped significantly. I’m no longer able to use it, even when opening a blank baseplate.

Reproduction Steps: Click off to another window when having an active place open.

System Information:
CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
RAM: 32GB

A private message is associated with this bug report

4 Likes

Found something that I’ll update the ticket with - seems like clicking off studio while having a place open causes this issue to occur.

1 Like

Hi, did you have any system configuration changes around this time? (Driver changes, updates, HW change, etc?). Have you noticed any other performance differences outside Roblox Studio? (Is the player behaving as expected, for instance?).

Within Studio, if you change the Graphics Mode (Studio Settings->Rendering->General->Graphics mode) to something different (Say OpenGL) do you notice any different behavior?

This feels like something more localized to your system, so we need to narrow down what’s different since you’ve noticed the issue.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I can confidently say that yesterday’s studio update has fixed my issue. Not sure what it could’ve been but it’s no longer an issue.

1 Like

Great to hear, let us know if this comes back.