Studio isn't importing color data of my meshes correctly

I am trying to import a .fbx mesh into Roblox studio. This mesh has been exported from blender. When I import it into Roblox, the mesh’s have the incorrect textures.

This is what the model looks like in Blender.

This is what the model looks like after imported into Roblox Studio(it might not be obvious, but if you look closely, both of the parts are actually using the wrong textures).

At first, I thought it was a problem with Blender, until I imported the .fbx file into blender, and found out all the color data was correct in the file. I have also tried a .obj file with Roblox, it still used the incorrect textures(I’m not sure if the .mtl file was imported automatically, but since the meshes had color, I’m guessing it was).

How can I get Roblox to import the textures correctly? Could this be a possible bug?

Did you use vertex paint to color them? It won’t work if you just set the color property in Blender.

I did not. What I did was make UV maps for the parts, then make a new material and assign it a texture. In order to add some more variation in the case the part is duplicated, I did this in the node editor. Check the image below to see what I did.

I think that’s the problem. The materials don’t get imported over to
Roblox. You would have to give it a texture or vertex paint it on.

Ok thanks. I’ll try that out and see if it works.

1 Like