Studio Lagging on Startup

As of this last week I have been experiencing intense lag spikes randomly when first opening Roblox Studio files (sometimes team-create, sometimes local files). The lag sometimes stops, sometimes doesn’t. The lag has also randomly occurred while moving my camera around the workspace. The only common factor between the Roblox files that cause this lag is that they all have Smooth Terrain (an empty baseplate place does not lag).

Steps to Replicate:

1. Have a large smooth terrain map or a large place file
  2. Open the file
  3. Lag occurs, sometimes may resolve itself
  4. If resolves by itself, it can return if you fly around the map with your Camera.

I do my work on a team create with my partners, and as an environment designer, this is entirely preventing me from working.

UPDATE:

The lag seems to be linked to certain chunks/regions of Smooth Terrain. Still happening across multiple different games, but all games share a common factor of including smooth terrain.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback - Replying to Bug Reports

It looks like your microprofiler dump missed (only one frame captured). You should try again. Actually it looks like a very long frame so it’s probably fine.

Have you tried disabling all of your plugins, and closing open widgets such as the terrain editor? What beta features do you have enabled? Do you have gsync / vsync enabled?

1 Like

I have attempted the following changes:

• Disabled all plugins
  • Closed all plugin widgets
  • Disabled all beta features
  • Changed Quality Level to Automatic (from Level21)
  • Disabled g-sync system wide
  • Changed Graphics Mode from Automatic to Vulkan

All of the following attempts still repro’d the bug, minus one specific circumstance. When disabling beta features and setting quality level to automatic, when I loaded in the lag wasn’t there until I moved my Camera around the world a bit.

This glitch happens to me all the time! It also happens whenever I delete something big. Does that also happen to you?

3 Likes

you has same monitor as me

mine is similar like if i had like one or two or more studios open one of them will lag like that

i tried even switching different graphics options vulkan to 3d11 … none worked

even if i drag it across screen it lags skips also it flickers for some reason…

i just notice this now when messing around with my stuff

i hope these bugs would go away soon!

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

3 Likes

Closing this thread due to lack responses. If this issue continues, please file a new bug report so we can look into it.

This still happening to me, even with a simple baseplate, studio gets very laggy when starting it up

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.