Studio Levels //=// Stay motivated by leveling up (plus count hours in studio)!

It is, plugins can see the script’s code.

1 Like

Could you give XP for other things other then time spent?

No, sorry. Time is better for this.

Something likes visits, likes, favorites,or lines of code would be great (My HTML in roblox project would boost my lines of code by 3000 lol)

Just a suggestion: It would also be better if you gave more XP for taking breaks, to motivate developers to not focus on developing for too long as that might lead to burnout! Great plugin though!

That would be something per-project, when the levels are just per-user. Besides, there isn’t a way to read that. I would also like to motivate users to develop based on actually developing, not on popularity; if those three were taken into account, it may defeat the purpose of it for users such as myself.

More lines of code is actually not better, and in many cases, is actually worse. Most sets of programming rules state you should seek simplicity, not complexity.

I love the intention, but I don’t think that would work well, it may encourage AFK to get score. However, I do have plans to limit session length to not only prevent AFK-ing users, but to encourage those breaks.

2 Likes

Better a function that takes 0.1 second to execute with 50 lines instead one that takes 0.5 seconds with 3 lines

Of course, but I am implying that more code doesn’t equate to better code. In most cases, if something can be done with a simpler solution, it should be done.

I don’t know if you can fix this, but a couple of months ago, I built a new computer and all my levels got reset to 0. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Sadly this issue can’t be fixed, all of the plugin’s level data is saved locally, so you’ll have to get levels again :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I cannot fix it, sorry :c
Roblox’s saving system is out of my control. Hopefully they implement cloud syncing in the future.

1 Like

Ngl, I would love this to be an actual Roblox feature as many people would like to know how long they have actually spent in studio.

1 Like

This is a great idea, I love it.

1 Like

i came here to flex

2 Likes

You can just do print(os.date("%X",ElapsedTime())) in the command bar or in plugins

I’m not sure if someone else has mentioned this yet, but a weekly global leaderboards perhaps? (if that’s even possible that is)

That only tracks the session, I believe they meant in total.

As mentioned previously, that wouldn’t be possible due to security reasons. Instead, we have a Discord server where we compare levels and compete.

2 Likes

sorry for bumping but i went to open the studio levels widget today i realised my level had been reset? anyone know why? i was like level 500

Roblox Studio has a bug where saved plugin data will occasionally reset. This usually happens because multiple Studio windows are open.

This bug was reported but Roblox has so far not shown intention to fix it.