Studio "Login via Browser" does not respect windows settings and opens the link in Microsoft Edge instead of Brave

Reproduction Steps

1. Be logged out of Studio
  2. Click “Edit in Studio” on any game you can edit on the website (it has to be done this way for the “Login to continue in Studio” window to appear otherwise the login window will just appear)
  3. Click “Login via Browser”

The link will open in Microsoft Edge when my default browser is set to Brave

System Information

Expected behavior

The login link to open in my default browser: Brave

3 Likes

Hi!

Thank you for reporting this issue!

I work on the team who owns this functionality! Would you be able to get your Studio logs and DM them to me? That’ll help me get a better understanding of what the issue is!

Here’s instructions on how to get Studio logs, https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016022492-How-to-Retrieve-Roblox-Studio-Logs

Best,
aDisplayCaseMoose

1 Like

Similar issue on my end, but this happens for any browser link. My default browser is Arc on macOS Sonoma 14.5, but all links open up in Google Chrome. I have DMed Studio logs to you!

1 Like

I have this same error, been going on for weeks. Only seems to be occurring when using Brave Browser for me.

1 Like

This has started happening to me with the “open in browser” setting for toolbox models too. This is a more recent bug for me, at least in my case, and I verified that my default browser was Brave. This is strange because just a few days ago it was opening in the correct browser and now it is not.

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you all for chiming in and reporting the issue! For anyone using Brave, please try again and let me know if you still see the issue!

Thank you all for your patience while we work on resolving this bug!

Best,
aDisplayCaseMoose

Hello,
Looks like I am still getting the issue.