Studio Macro Widget Plugin

Plugin: Macro Manager - Roblox

I found myself often keeping a module or script with a ton of my frequently used project-specific command code that I’d copy from there and paste into the command bar whenever needed. This gets a little tedious, so I made a plugin to organize and be able to easily execute these commands as macros.

I’ve been using this for a few months and I’ve already accumulated a bunch of macros for my project. It’s been super useful for me, so I cleaned it up a bit and published it for anyone to use.

There’s a readme that will pop up when you first open the plugin, but basically the plugin makes a folder for itself in ServerStorage, and you can put all your macro modules in there.

It comes with a couple of macro examples to get you started. One of them is a pretty useful model screenshot tool. It centers and frames any model and sets up lighting, camera, background, and crop.

The plugin also supports all the themes!

If this would help with your workflow, here’s the plugin again: Macro Manager - Roblox

It’s essentially just a plugin for mini plugins. If this is useful to you, post what you use it for!

116 Likes

Added Vector3 macro item classes thanks to contribution from @0xBAADF00D

Also added support for mathematical evaluation in number fields thanks to code from @Fractality_alt

3 Likes

This is epic! I’m assuming that the macros don’t carry through out the games. Is there a way to have global macros?

No, it’s kind intended for project specific stuff. But it’s easy enough to copy modules from one place to another.

4 Likes

:bow: Thank you so much for this, I’ve been looking for something that does just this.

Just installed, this is the only plugin that I actually use on a regular basis.

This looks like a great plugin.

I have only been using this for a short amount of time, but I would definitely have to agree that this is a great plugin that a lot of people could find useful. I also love how you made sure it worked with both of the themes.

Very useful and nice plugin. Great work! :slight_smile:

A perfect use case for Packages.

The plugin is very nice, but not suitable if two people (or more) use it in TeamCreate. When you refresh your macros, it often duplicates all modules or just some of them. If that would no longer be the case, then the plugin would be perfect.

I’m a bit late to the party, but I’d like to say that I’m very impressed. This is awesome!

I got a weird bug when using the Vector3 classes. The class won’t load unless I make a unique SettingId for it every time I refresh the macro.

I know there was something funky with vector saving in the first version, are you sure you have the most up to date version of the plugin?

1 Like

It didn’t have the option to update it from the plugin management menu, so I just reinstalled it right now and it doesn’t seem to be occurring anymore. I’ll see if it shows up again, thanks.

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to be compatible with Rojo. I’ve setup some custom module scripts under “Macros” directory, and initially with Rojo running the edits to the module script sync over as expected. However, as soon as “CheckMeToRefreshMacros” value is toggled it seems as though the module script is being deleted and re-populated in Studio or something, after which Rojo no longer properly syncs edits to the module script.

This is correct, this is because if the module is not deleted and recreated then it will return a cached table when rerequired by the plugin. Updated code will not execute if the module has already been required. Not sure how else to solve this problem, let me know if you have an idea.

This is, Amazing, I have no other words for it

Updates!

I’ve updated the way modules are loaded so that the plugin doesn’t have to destroy and clone all of its modules every time you want to refresh. Instead, now it just clones the modules and requires the clones without parenting them, and without ever requiring the originals. This has many benefits:

• It won’t break Rojo
  • A lot more friendly for team create
  • Won’t force you out of the macro modules if you are editing them when you refresh the macros, so macro development is much less of a pain.

I’ve also included a handy Confirm Button utility module that I’ve made for my macros. It’s been really handy for any macros that run dangerous functions, like wiping user data or shutting down servers. When you click a button, it runs a little moon animation, and the function will only run if you click it again within a second after the animation. I included a new example macro demonstrating this:

I’ve also revamped the model screenshot macro that comes with the plugin:

• The controls to move the camera and model way way more intuitive, faster and less horrible
  • FOV control as a number input
  • An optional reference safe zone with adjustable padding, so your screenshots can have a consistent buffer around the edges if that’s what you want.

9 Likes