Studio menu glitch

EDIT: I apologize for the previous lack of info. I had to get off mid-post.

I’ve only had it happen once. It happened after I loaded up a place from the “Recent Files” portion of the start page. The “Home” tab was the only tab affected. I tried selecting another menu tab and then going back, but the glitch didn’t fix itself. I print screened and changed tabs (within the Studio, back to the start page, I believe), and when I came back to the place, the glitch was fixed.

I’m not sure I can give much more info than that.

1 Like

Do you have a repro?

I’m not sure if I know what you mean by repro. If you’re asking how to reproduce it, I’m not sure. I haven’t been able to so far.

Did anything special happen that you can think of before this happened? Did it automatically recover, or did you have to restart Studio?

Nope, I’m pretty sure I just selected a place from the “Recent files” menu and it showed up like that.

It recovered automatically.

The more I think back, the less I remember. I’m sorry. =/

I post more details if it occurs again.

That happened to me once too, but I haven’t been able to reproduce it yet. Restarting studio fixed it though, haven’t had it happen again.

I just got the same thing. When it DOESN’T happen, my plugins still get cut off and don’t display all of them.

Crazy, does this happen to you 100% of the time? You mind sending me a list of Plugins you are using? I want to try to install them to see if I can repro.

It happens to me also, but I’ve learned an easy fix until you guys can fix it. Top right corner there is a “^” and “?” press the “^” then press it again.

The majority of them are just my own plugins that I’ve made over the past year. I don’t have them up on a site anywhere.

I was able to reproduce the bugs I found every time by doing the following:

Bug 1: (Plugin buttons cut off)

1. Open Studio
  2. Click Add-Ons tab on the ribbon
  3. Because I have so many plugins, I think it tries to condense the space, but as a result, the dropdown for viewing the extra plugins gets cut off based on the button size itself (see picture below)

Bug 2: (All buttons squished)

1. Open Studio
  2. Go to Add-Ons tab on ribbon
  3. Go to Test tab on ribbon
  4. Click ‘Play Solo’ OR ‘Run’
  5. Click ‘Reset’
  6. Go to Add-Ons tab on ribbon. All buttons squished together (see picture below)
    NOTE: It seems that you MUST go to the Add-Ons tab once before for this bug to happen. Opening up studio and running Play Solo or Run without viewing the Add-Ons tab before seems to work fine.

I’m on Windows 8 (On latest 8.1 update)

Just performed steps for bug 2 and they worked. Happens every time.

The majority of them are just my own plugins that I’ve made over the past year. I don’t have them up on a site anywhere.

I was able to reproduce the bugs I found every time by doing the following:

Bug 1: (Plugin buttons cut off)

1. Open Studio
  2. Click Add-Ons tab on the ribbon
  3. Because I have so many plugins, I think it tries to condense the space, but as a result, the dropdown for viewing the extra plugins gets cut off based on the button size itself (see picture below)

Bug 2: (All buttons squished)

1. Open Studio
  2. Go to Add-Ons tab on ribbon
  3. Go to Test tab on ribbon
  4. Click ‘Play Solo’ OR ‘Run’
  5. Click ‘Reset’
  6. Go to Add-Ons tab on ribbon. All buttons squished together (see picture below)
    NOTE: It seems that you MUST go to the Add-Ons tab once before for this bug to happen. Opening up studio and running Play Solo or Run without viewing the Add-Ons tab before seems to work fine.

I’m on Windows 8 (On latest 8.1 update)[/quote]

I like you a lot.

Thanks! Yikes!

It’s happening again.

I’ll explain context, but I can’t guarantee a repro.

-Running Studio via edit mode on someone else’s (uncopylocked place not belonging to me) online place
-Went through various tabs
-Went to test tab, pressed play solo
-Left solo on and did other stuff in other windows for 20+ minutes
I may or may not have minimized the ribbon during the test, can’t remember
-Came back, pressed reset in the test tab
-Selected the home tab