Version 0.528.0.5280404 (64bit)

System Information:
|Processor|AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz|
|Graphics Card|NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|
|Display Monitor|ALIENWARE AW3423DW - 34" CURVED 4k 175hz|

I don’t know how to reproduce this issue, I am reporting as it occurred after a recent update to my Roblox Studio application on 31/05/2022 (Day/Month/Year)

Expected Behavior

For the mouse sensitivity to be controllable so that the camera moved as expected (similar to any behavior seen in Studio versions prior).

(This also includes all the expectations listed within the “What actually happens?” section.)

Actual Behavior

First, I am presenting two videos where I do a simple test: Moving my mouse in a very small circular motion. The expected behavior is that the camera pans in a circle but that is it; it should not visibly rotate the camera around a point whatsoever.

In Game (Roblox Application):

In Play Solo (Roblox Studio Application):

As you can see within both clips, there is a difference. Even though the motion and distance covered is the same, there is a difference in sensitivity (is what I am assuming) which causes these problems. The settings in game are set the same (both set to 1 - the Roblox default).

This problem also affects the default Studio camera; unfortunately, I do not have a second clip to accompany this as I did not expect to make this bug-report and I do not have a version of studio that I can use which doesn’t have this issue.

This test that I used here is doing the same motion as the previous test between Play Solo and the Roblox Application: Moving the mouse in a small circular motion. What is expected is that the camera pans in a circular manner and does not visibly rotate around a point.

What occurs is the same effect that happens within the Play-Solo session, it begins to rotate around the camera-origin and begins to offset due to sensitivity.

This test that I used here is doing the motion of an infinity-sign (sideways 8, ∞). What is expected is that it pans in the direction the mouse is traveling on the infinity-sign. A good note is that we’re starting from the middle going right to left (Going down-right from the middle, then up-left back to the middle, then from the middle going down-left and then up-right back to the middle again: all in a continuous motion).

What can be seen in this clip is that studio is not handling the mouse movement properly and is creating jagged movement and the sensitivity showing large sudden movements not done by the user.

This last test just demonstrates normal use of orientating the camera (by holding down the Right mouse button and moving the mouse); what can be seen are random and jagged movements when the movement should really be smooth. The sensitivity is not consistent either.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Very Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2022-05-31 12:05:00 (-07:00)

4 Likes

To note, I have also reinstalled studio and this occurs. So this is strictly a Studio issue.

There is a setting that controls mouse sensitivity in Roblox Studio:

File > Studio Settings > Studio > CameraSpeed / CameraShiftSpeed / CamerMouseWheelSpeed

and cofigure it there.

But it may be because of the default mouse speed for your computer.

These settings are not what controls mouse sensitivity.

CameraSpeed controls the speed at which the Camera moves within the World-Space.

CameraShiftSpeeds is a multiplier of CameraSpeed when you press down the Shift-key.

CameraMouseWheelSpeed controls the speed at which you can you move forwards/backwards relative to the direction you are looking (“Zoom”) in World-Space.

I can also attest to it not having anything to do with the default-mouse speed on my Computer because this just began to happen today (31/05/2022 - Day/Month/Year). I have changed nothing to my Roblox Studio Application, Mouse Settings, or Computer Settings which would cause this to occur. This is strictly a byproduct of Studio.

Oh ok. I’m not to sure then. Hopefully somebody can fix this issue. I just wanted to make sure if it was the Roblox Studio settings that were causing the problem.

this bug has been a problem for me for upwards of 5+ months, i hope it gets fixed (never)

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the report. We filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll come back with updates when possible.

2 Likes