Studio no longer shuts down gracefully and just hangs on Windows

Happens 100% of the time for me. I have tried a fresh install on my PC. This results in all of my layouts getting erased and having to set them up again when I have to force close it. I have no beta features enabled. Very little plugins installed.

Does this eventually resolve itself or is it permanently locked?

My suspicion is that this could be a plugin calling game:BindToClose() and yielding (e.g. calling wait() or sending a http request), though this should eventually timeout (iirc 30 seconds?). Could you try without any plugins running at all?

We don’t have any plugins that use BindToClose or infinitely wait :frowning: I only use 2 plugins both of which are incredibly simple button click only plugins

Hi, circling back on this. We’ll need a log, preferably showing this with all plugins removed and on a baseplate instance for reproability.

It’s happening because our game has a lot of scripts in it. The script analysis is running in the background when you start-up our game, and it will not let studio close until it has finished.

Can you quantify what “a lot” is? Does this only happen on this place? Does it happen every time?