Studio Not Launching from Website through Edit Button

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When I click “edit” on a game page from the roblox website, it shows the loading box, but never opens studio nor the place. The expectation is that ROBLOX Studio opens alongside with the place opening in edit mode. Instead of that, I get the option to Download and Install ROBLOX (which is already done for well over a month).

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

The bug occurs every single time I attempt to open a place on studio through the site. The steps to reproduce is to simple go to a place that is either uncopylocked, or you own, and click edit under options. A sample place that is open source is Faxstory. This happens to any place I have access to edit via studio.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

The bug happens on www.roblox.com and basically occurs to every game that I have the option to edit.

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

What can’t be seen:

• ROBLOX Studio is closed
  • ROBLOX Studio never launches in the first place
  • No other ROBLOX applications launch, it just fails completely

For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MSI MS-16K2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTZ1060
Browser: Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Whenever I first tried opening a place from the website.

Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

I’m not sure if it’s a problem with my computer in particular, but I’m willing to help replicate any steps you may have for me to see if they work.

Edit: So I asked several people from a discord of mine to open Faxstory without having studio open in the first place. One subject was able to open it in edit mode while the other wasn’t able to.

Hi The_Envelope,

I’m not able to replicate this bug on my end. Can you try the repro steps on a different browser or PC when you have time please and let us know if you were able to replicate it.

I’ve tried Microsoft Edge and it seems to work as intended. Is it the chrome browser causing the issue? I’ll grab the subjects and ask them to test it on a different browser and see what comes up as the result.

1 Like

Solution

So after asking a few people to try to reproduce this as well as trying a different browser and computer, it became clear that there was something wrong with chrome that wasn’t allowing roblox to open studio as it should. I have have denied access to it somehow before.

The simple solution is basically resetting chrome.

After resetting chrome entirely, I tried click the edit button again and I got the prompt from chrome whether to allow it to open Studio or not.

I probably clicked “Don’t open” before because I accidentally clicked edit or something, so it kept that settings. This isn’t really a bug, just a human error I did.

Feel free to close this @Nightgaladeld and thanks for the attempted help! :smile:

1 Like