Studio Object Insertion should hide or flag deprecated instances

Title is fairly self-explanatory, basically you can find this in the “Uncategorized” section of the objection insertion tool.

Annotation 2020-06-21 183147 Annotation 2020-06-21 183203

Hole and SkateboardPlatform especially were deprecated LONG ago, I have no idea why anybody would still use these.

Newer developers may see these instances when experimenting in studio, and may have deprecated assets in larger projects.

A possible solution would to have a clear signification of their deprecation, such as a [DEPRECATED] tag, or a strike-through on deprecated instances. Either that, or have them be hidden entirely, with an option in the settings or insertion window to show deprecated classes.

3 Likes

Completely agree - it only clutters up the interface more as it is now, and as you say, it could confuse newer developers.

3 Likes

Doesn’t disabling this setting hide deprecated members?

I am pretty sure it is off by default. If you are getting suggestions for deprecated members then it means you have ticked this setting at some point.

I am unable to get deprecated classes to show

2 Likes

:eyes: Beans, had no idea that existed.
Maybe Roblox should make that off by default?

It is by default. You are getting deprecated classes shown because you have manually toggled it on yourself at some point.

Odd. It’s always been default for me. Possibly because I got studio long ago (although unlikely)?
It may be a bug that it’s activated, because I don’t change settings unless needed.