Studio occasionally crashes when closing published game

I was just working in Studio for about two hours, and when I published some updates and tried to close the open game tab, Studio crashed.

This has happened to me about 6 times before, appears to only happen when Studio has been open for a good amount of time (30 minutes or more?), and the open game is a published game on Roblox or was just published in Studio. This happens if you attempt to close the open game (the tab), or attempt to close Studio. This has been an issue for over 6 months, but happens very occasionally such that I don’t have reliable repro steps and don’t know exactly when it started happening.

I can provide a crash dump. Unsure if it’s safe to publicly post.

1 Like

This is not related to APS. This has been happening long before APS existed.

This has happened to me as well, same thing as qqtt, place was open for a long period of time, game was published, then i just wanted to close studio and as soon as i click to x out, it goes “Nope i ain’t fired, i quit!” Crashes

Are you on Windows or Mac?

If on Windows, can you go to %localappdata%/Roblox/logs and send me the .dmp file from your crash?

I’m on windows, I’ll message you a zip containing all three files the crash generated, including the dmp.