Studio parts not importing to blender as separate parts

Hey everyone! So, I’ve had this issue for a while, and never came across a concrete reply or solution.
So, back when blender 2.79b was the latest version, every time I imported an object from studio to blender, it would come as separate little parts, that COMPLETELY stopped happening after I switched to version 2.8 and upwards. Does anyone know why? And how can I make it so things can be imported like in 2.79b? Version 2.92 has so many useful features, and I don’t really want to come back to 2.79.

This is blender 2.79b;

And this is blender 2.8 onwards.

Once again, thank you for your attention! :grin:

3 Likes

Are you exporting the sniper as multiple meshes, or just one mesh?

Now you have to export each part of the sniper and import them into Blender separately.

1 Like

i’m importing it as a model. not sure why it used to work back in 2.79b, this is what i’m trying to figure out

1 Like

I think Blender changed it in 2.8. Export each part of the sniper as a mesh (I.e. Scope, barrel, handle, etc.) and import them into Blender as separate meshes, that should work.

Hey there! I would recommend going in Edit Mode. Select every face/edge by pressing “A” and then “P” for seperating. You have 3 options; Loose Parts, Material and Selection. I suggest you select material. It’ll seperate it into pieces. Then use Bulk Import. If Material isn’t an option. Try Loose Parts. And if that’s not an option try to select the faces where you wanna make a mesh from and then Selection. I hope this helped you out! (When importing. Use Bulk Import, It will seperate automatically and auto-imports for you)

1 Like

You don’t know how much that helped me! I’ve had this issue for the longest time ever, and never managed to find a good solution. Props to you dude, have a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem :slight_smile: Glad that i helped you out.

1 Like