Studio Plugin Improvements

Hey Developers,

In response to feedback from the community, we’ve made two quality-of-life improvements to Studio plugins:

• You can install Studio plugins straight from your browser! Previously you would need to copy the link and paste it into Studio but this is no longer necessary.
  • You can access plugins from the Studio start screen. Go to File > Advanced > Manage Plugins… and you will see a dialog with your installed plugins.

Additionally, we are working an initiative to provide developers with more control over how their plugins can be used in Studio. Stay tuned for more details!

90 Likes

YEAH! Thank you!
edit: removed the YEHAW because I’m not a cowboy

22 Likes

Loving this change. I have already experienced an increase in installs for my plugin. Thanks!

2 Likes

Sweet!!! Awesome changes.

2 Likes

Perfect. Now it’ll be easier to send plugins, since that was a huge hassle before. :+1:

I like this a lot better than the old system.

3 Likes

This is an amazing update!

Good selection of plugins that you have installed there :smirk:

Really excited about all these updates, hoping to make some more awesome ones in the future.

3 Likes

I agree! This is great, I remember when I first tried to use plugins a long time ago and got confused by how I couldn’t download it through browser, the new studio layout probably makes that even harder.

Also. If you want to be a cowboy you can be, I believe in you, follow your dreams.

3 Likes

Great. Would love to see context menu and global hotkey support (userinputservice only picks up hotkeys when the game view is focused, not other studio panels), and I have my eye out for the panel API that’s been hinted at.

1 Like

Should this be updated?

7 Likes

Good catch, we will update this text.

11 Likes

make a simple color changer/material changer

i.e ‘turn all parts that are bright red to material grass’
‘turn all bright red parts to bright blue’

as of right now I use a command in the command bar which is always a hastle to paste in, then switch the color/materials etc

2 Likes

This is a useful update. Thank you for streamlining the plugin installation process.

1 Like

Great changes! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant update, the new and efficient way to install plugins is definitely going to be helpful.