Studio Profiles for Supercharged Plugin Management!

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to efficiently manage plugins and configurations for different types of work within Roblox Studio. I would like to request the addition of a feature called Studio Profiles to address this issue effectively.

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because it would allow me to seamlessly switch between different project requirements without the need for manual adjustments. Studio Profiles would provide pre-defined sets of settings, plugins, and configurations that can be easily toggled, saving me significant time and effort.

Here are some use cases to illustrate the importance of Studio Profiles:

1. As a developer who frequently switches between scripting, building, and UI design tasks, I currently have to manually enable or disable plugins and adjust settings for each activity. With Studio Profiles, I could create separate profiles for scripting, building, and UI design, each with the relevant plugins and configurations. Switching between these profiles would automatically load the necessary tools and settings, eliminating the repetitive manual adjustments.
  2. Another use case is when collaborating with a team on a project. Each team member may have their own preferred set of plugins and configurations. Studio Profiles would enable us to easily switch between individual profiles, ensuring everyone can work with their preferred setup without conflicts or manual adjustments.

By introducing Studio Profiles, Roblox Studio would provide developers with a streamlined workflow, allowing us to focus more on creativity and less on repetitive tasks. This feature would greatly enhance our development experience and enable us to create immersive experiences within the Roblox platform.

In terms of the proposed solution, Studio Profiles would be accessed through an intuitive interface where developers can create, modify, and delete profiles. The ability to assign hotkeys or shortcuts to specific profiles would further enhance efficiency.

Thank you for considering this feature request. I believe that implementing Studio Profiles would be highly valued by the Roblox developer community and contribute to the continuous improvement of the platform.

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/profiles
https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/getstarted/settings

10 Likes

a very useful update for me for sure

I have tons of plugins and settings I like to use for different games and work types, being in ui, scripting, or just building, so dividing these up to hide useless plugins, but then be able to swap to them when needed would be great as I wouldn’t have to go into the plugin manager/settings to enable/disable when needed and not needed respectively.

A cool idea and very much in line with some of our thoughts around “Next Gen Studio” …thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes