Studio QOgreWidget gets slower over time

Studio performance degrades over time.

This has been ongoing for a month or so, I was hoping it would be noticed and resolved without saying anything >_<’

After a few sessions of running and stopping my game, the total time per frame is climbs up to something unusable, even just flying around in the editor.

I have no plugins installed - I removed every single one of them because I was told this was the cause.

It is not the cause.

This scene has approximately 100 instances in it.

Expected behavior

I expect studio to run at 60fps always, and to not degrade so easily.

4 Likes

Thank you for the report.

Is this on PC or Mac?
Does it happen only in your experience or when testing Baseplate or other templates?
Can you provide more steps to reproduce, is it just pressing Play/Stop buttons in a loop?

Asking of all this because I was unable to reproduce the issue.

1 Like

PC, heavily editing and debugging scripts (full teamcreate / live script editing enabled)
Also heavily using the microprofiler

I’ll see if I can find a minimum repro, but I found the City Baseplate tends to get there pretty quickly.

1 Like

microprofile-20231128-115447.html (9.5 MB)
Here is a microprofile

Maybe it has something to do with turning the microprofiler on via the ingame menu, when you’re in studio?

As an update on this, we are still unable to reproduce this issue.
We are trying to bring more people internally, to see if someone’s setup will trigger this.

I have a multimonitor pc setup with a 4k monitor and a 1080p 144hz monitor - maybe thats related?

More info! I was able to break it!

I have gsync monitors, and I force enabled Vsync off, and then this happened!

Studio just dies. So I think if you goof around with nvida vsync settings at the system level you might be able to reproduce this.

I also had an issue with the QOgreWidget spiking the microprofiler. Roblox Studio would start with the micro profiler already looking like this in a baseplate template without me doing anything.

Windows 10 Home x64
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
2 1080p Monitors (60Hz refresh rate)
1 4K TV (30Hz refresh rate)

I just did a few things and it seems to have stopped but I don’t know which one helped (sorry!):

• Reinstalled Roblox Studio
  • Setting the 4K TV to 60Hz (so that all my displays were the same refresh rate) in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  • Opening Roblox Studio while the 4K TV was turned off.

Even more info! Turning Gsync off and forcing vsync off system wide seems to make my rig behave better with it, but it just lasts longer before it gets laggy :frowning:

Bumping this as my microprofiler is spiking as well. I’m not sure if it’s caused by a plugin, but whenever I move my mouse the microprofiler goes up

1 Like

We haven’t been able to reproduce this. Please let us know if you have a consistent repro.