Studio: Quality of Life Improvements

Thanks @Hexcede. Following up on this to see why this is not enabled by default.

3 Likes

@Hexcede - can you let us know why you are using this flag? If you create or edit a place, it should show up on the Recent and My Games pages immediately.

3 Likes

I have a question, will you guys soon also update the toolbox for groups to add a search bar so we can find our own assets faster and better instead of long scrollings down.

More information here.

2 Likes

Hi @DevJanick, that is a good suggestion. I will log it under our Quality of Life bucket.

3 Likes

@Cubic_Ralsei - not sure why you are not able to log a bug. Did you try posting here: Studio Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox? We’ll need your logs to be able to debug this.

2 Likes

yeah i did try, the new topic button is disabled. the bug only happens when you open a game directly from studio though, not from the site

1 Like

This is a great step. Even if it sheds a few minutes out of our daily workflow, if you’ve been working with Roblox Studio for many years, this change would shed off days of searching for publishing to already existing games.

I have always wanted to post a feature request to have a search bar in the plugins page, as some people (including me), use too many plugins to count.

Overall, this is an excellent path that Roblox is taking. I have been using studio since 2010 and the development workflow continues on expanding while being more productive and efficient.

2 Likes

One small QoL change that I’d really appreciate is being able to refresh the toolbox. Whenever I’m uploading decals I find myself constantly having to switch to “My Models” and back to “My Images” in order to force a refresh.

1 Like

You’re actually able to click the magnifying glass to refresh, though discovery of this should definitely be improved, maybe with an icon that makes it more obvious.

3 Likes

Oof, never realized that. Didn’t think to hit the search button with an empty query… thanks!

1 Like

can we have an option to disable this?

it takes up the entire screen a while to publish, I usually just look at the Output to see when it’s done successfully.

Also what do you guys think of color coding our scripts icons to make it easier to find and organize?

• Yes, this is a Good idea
  • No, this is a Bad idea

0 voters

Notably the “Shared with me” section does not update without a restart (I think there is some weird way to get it to refresh in studio without a full restart which is only a little faster but I don’t remember it), so, when places are shared with me I generally end up needing to do a restart to access them.

Additionally, I often have load issues under specific circumstances (I have rather unstable internet throughout certain periods of the day) which causes a majority of my places to become inaccessible (basically, the menu doesn’t get populated past about maybe 20-30 places, and, as far as I am aware this is not an issue caused by Roblox, but rather just my own network)

I never really need this for creating new places, and, I don’t expect to, generally if I need to create a place there’s no reason I can’t just hit one of the templates. It’s always an issue with slow or halted loading/shared places, which, I often tend to access since I occasionally share and develop assets in other people’s places.

Overall, the ability to refresh the start page like this I just find to be convenient in general, e.g. if I get a load issue or an icon issue (and changing fast flags each update is understandably inconvenient). But, I am sure there is likely a reason this is “Debug” and not a real feature.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! It bugged me having to switch tabs and find game settings and possibly overlooking it! Especially when turning on team create then sitting there wondering what to do next only to finally figure out that to give access to someone you have to do it in game settings! I always find myself clicking file and then remembering that game settings was in another tab.

Now I can click file and get to game settings with ease! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.