Studio refuses to open

I’m not currently connected to a proxy, nor do I have that environment variable set.

In the log I see the same errors: you can’t access ROBLOX domains. BTW, what will you see if you post this URL to your browser?
http://setup.roblox.com/versionQTStudio?guid32149

1 Like

Hmm, strange.
I see: version-189338d85be04ac5 just fine. :confused:

It means, this is not a firewall issue, but rather ROBLOX application is blocked from accessing the internet. If you don’t have parental control, then most likely it’s your antivirus. Perhaps it quarantined ROBLOX app and now Windows blocks it from accessing the Internet.

Avast did quarantine ROBLOX the other day, but I have since reinstalled Avast, and this problem was present before then.
I just tried copying the AppData files from a laptop onto my PC, but the same error occurred when running the .exe.

If you have another PC, I suggest not to copy files, but download and install them anew.

I was just trying anything that could possibly work. :stuck_out_tongue:

After I deleted ROBLOX by force on my PC to attempt a reinstall, I ended up with a RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe that I couldn’t actually run.

I might try to fully reset my PC tomorrow and see if that works.

You should check your local AppData files. I had an issue a few weeks back and @TheGamer101 suggested to look in the logs there. (It didn’t help my issue but it might be useful for you).

In the end I reinstalled Windows and despite the pain of reinstalling everything, ROBLOX is finally working again :smiley:
(Thats despite the fact I still have Avast etc - we’ll never know what went wrong)

1 Like

There is a surprisingly easy fix to this (at least I think it should work for everyone). This happened to me earlier today and I just tried editing a game from the website. It then proceeded to upgrade roblox studio and it now opens fine.

2 Likes