Studio render screen freezes and cannot save/publish place

Hiya Roblox Engineers!

I ran into an odd bug today whilst debugging through my game that caused the Render window to freeze and keep an image of the script editor open, even after closing all other scripts:
It also prevented me from SAVING/PUBLISHING or even Copying assets from my place to a another studio! (although I could copy scripts).

Print screen of studio…

This occurred whilst I was stepping into a table that was being populated with various types of data.
This is the list of data being populated:

What is most worry is that I cannot save studio in this state

I can start and stop Play Solo, however, I cannot start play solo in another Window (F6) or start a new server (F7).

I can thankfully open scripts and copy what I’ve changed out of them, however, instances I’ve created such as folders with data like in the table below cannot be copied - in which I’ve lost 4 randomly generated vehicles that worked really well.

This is the piece of code I was stepping into whilst debugging; 'template' was nil, so Car.Tuning was being populated by the following code.

It got as far as ‘Grip = 1’ - then studio seemed to freeze up without any white overlay.
I tried stepping ‘into’ and ‘over’ a few more times which did nothing, and then tried to press ‘Play’.
Studio’s render window remained frozen and I was in the state as seen in the image above.

Car.Tuning = (template) and m.CreatTuning(Car,template) or {
		Width = 6;
		EnginePosition = Vector3.new(0,-0.25,-5);

Caster = 7; -- Rotation of front suspension
		RearCaster = -1; -- Rotation of rear suspension

Toe = -1.5;
		RearToe = .5;

Camber = -7;
		RearCamber = -2;

ArmLength = 2;
		FrontStiffness = 300000;
		RearStiffness =  250000;
		Damping = 2500;

FrontDownForce = 1;
		RearDownForce = 1;

BrakePressure = 500000;
		Grip = 1;
		TyrePads = 0;
		TyreType = "Ball";
		TyrePressure = 200000;
		FrontTurn = 1;			-- Do these wheels turn?
		RearTurn = -0;			-- Do the rear wheels turn?
		WheelScale = 1;

TurnAngle = 40;
		TurnSpeed = 4;
		Torque = 350000;
		Acceleration = 200;
		Speed = 300;
		DriveBias = 0; -- 0 == rear, 1 == front
		Boost = 1;
	};

Hopefully this is just one of those one off things but if you can figure out what caused and how to get around it (especially how to save data in this state) it would be really useful.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have found that it IS possible to save instances in this state by using the Save to File feature!
So, great. :slight_smile:

3 Likes