Studio runs at almost zero frames when opening plugins

I have a gut feeling this is a Mac issue. Running the most recent version of macOS (Sierra). Machine is a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro 15". Whenever I open plugins in Studio, my frames drop drastically for upwards of 15-20 seconds. I can’t build or do much of anything while this is happening. Then it goes back up on it’s own.

It will do this every single time I open a different plugin, even if I’ve had the plugin open earlier.

Studio is really hard to build with at the moment. This happens with all plugins, including Roblox’s included plugins like the terrain tools.

This bug happens 100% of the time. It is not file/game specific. I noticed this bug after I updated to Sierra.

3 Likes

This isn’t a mac issue, and it’s been a problem for a while. The culprit is plugin:Activate(). @Silent137 has looked at the bug before, so he might be able to help. @Seranok was investigating an issue with Studio re-drawing itself for random little things which could be related, so he may be able to shed some light on this.

1 Like