Studio runs slower after a short while of usage

(Edit #3: I’ve posted some system specifics near the bottom of the post if they are needed.)

If I open Roblox Studio and run it for a solid while (30 to 40 minutes), it loses framerate and seemingly lags behind. This has been an issue for all the time I can remember using Studio on this pc. This issue does not occur in any other application, and my pc can handle much more resource demanding tasks than studio without this happening.

Please look at these videos for understanding:

Shortly after opening Studio and going into a game/template, everything runs quite smoothly and clean (If the videos seem odd do note that I had to trim them down to 10mb. I’m sure you could get the picture of them regardless)

40 minutes later in the very same instance of Studio, which I show with the clock, everything from moving the camera to interacting with parts is slower. This has not been edited.

This issue may be caused by spawning a part, which is why I spawned one in the first video. I did a run prior to this in the default baseplate without spawning a part whilst also waiting for another 40 minutes, and nothing really happened. Not sure if that was just a one-time occurrence.

The only way I know towards temporarily fixing this issue after it occurs is by closing and restarting Studio, in which the same issue occurs when using Studio after the same amount of time. It affects the Studio app even outside of templates.

System info:
Device - Windows laptop, Windows 10 Home
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2.10 GHz
System type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch - No pen or touch input is available for this display

Do others have this same issue? Is it universal? Is there a permanent fix for this somehow? Please, let me know in this topic.

1 Like