Studio script editor not highlighting strings unless unfinished

The script editor doesn’t seem to highlight strings anymore with the colour of your theme unless it is unfinished(I.E. "hello world). Changing the theme or restarting Roblox Studio does not seem to fix the issue and according to a few other developers I spoke to, it seems to be a problem for them as well.

When:

It occurred today(November 5th, 2020) after I finished updating studio to

version 0.455.0.413788

Where:

Studio script editor.

Reproduction:

Write a string into the studio editor. This does not seem to highlight unless the string has not been enclosed in quotation.

55 Likes

Can confirm. Happens exactly as OP has written.

2 Likes

This problem doesn’t happen for me with long string literals.
This problem happens for me with short string literals.
This problem seems specific to short string literals.

5 Likes

This is also happening with me, strings enclosed in quotes show up as white regardless of the color set.

Edit: After some testing i noticed that strings are using the TextColor inside settings rather than the string color inside settings.

You’re not the only one that is having this problem. I’m having the same problem too.
script code ssg2 broken

It happened right after Roblox studio updated on November 5, 2020.

2 Likes

Same issue here, this is getting quite annoying when trying to edit my main tycoon handler module.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 220739

both string and todo have this problem

Happening to me, Its a right pain.
It happens with small and large strings and I REALLY hope they fix it.

Happens to me too exactly how you described it. String length doesn’t affect anything.
Kind of annoying to read my long script now, is there a workaround (settings or etc, not [[]])?
Only happens with ’ ’ and " ", not [[]].
Hopefully this gets fixed soon :pray:

Similarly, also related to script editor updates (not highlighting, however), built-in functions are still not bolded properly although it had been in the past for quite a long time:

Hoping that both of these changes are reverted/bugs are solved to bring back better readability for certain portions of code.

2 Likes

its happening to me too

its not critical or anything but makes me a little confused when scripting
i think its a glitch since roblox did a insane maintenance yesterday, prob gonna be fixed soon

1 Like

same as me

, it was annoying when editing code

This is severely disrupting my workflow. Without proper syntax highlighting, this makes using studio annoying & completely disruptive. I think this is a great time to turn to Rojo :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m getting this issue too and its really annoying

edit: Just now noticed this has been fixed as of 6:54 PM. Glad they we’re quick on this.

(code for a custom player list that I’m creating)

1 Like

Same problem even i reinstalled the hole studio and reset every setting -_- Please fix it quick cause highlighting in strings is really important

1 Like

It is very annoying not seeing string colors.

this is so annoying and confusing, this must be fixed as soon as possible please

problem is happening to me too.

1 Like

Same Issue man its just messed up lol. Hope roblox fix this ! kinda makes me confused and hard to script! :frowning:

This is happening to me as well. Tried to reboot and reinstall studio but that doesn’t seem to work. Glad to see it’s not just me.