Studio "source to send:" unknown output

Studio started outputting “source to send:”, unknown reason to happen.
It started happening one or two days ago, this is how it looks like:
{C51B98C9-D0E1-40EC-93C0-63EC9A8DBC29}

This particular text from the output seems to be related to either TextLabels or the GetUserInfosByUserIdsAsync UserService API, but I tried isolating that particular part of the code in a separate place and the output seemed fine, so I do not know how to replicate, but I’ll leave the code snippet that handles it:

local success, information = pcall(userService.GetUserInfosByUserIdsAsync, userService, ids)
local filteredInfo = {}
if success and information then
	for i, v in information do
		filteredInfo[v.Id] = {DisplayName = v.DisplayName, Username = v.Username}
	end
end

-- later on this code is used on a for loop:

credit.Text = user.DisplayName == user.Username and user.Username or user.DisplayName.."(@"..user.Username..")"

While searching for similar cases for the bug report I’ve also found someone with the same issue:

Expected behavior

If something is wrong in the code I expect the output to be able to take me to where the problem is, otherwise studio debugs that are being tested should not go into production without proper warning to not leave developers concerned not knowing why it happens

1 Like

This is due to the recent Localization Table Updates and has been addressed below:

Fix is scheduled to be released by next week. As mentioned, you can change your output settings to temporarily remediate the issue.

2 Likes