Studio Testing Bug - D3D9

Basically, after testing in studio with either Play Solo or Play Here, I go to hit “Stop” and an error appears.
Here is an image: image
I can’t get out of this infinite loop unless I close studio. My character appears to still be testing but cannot move, however I can click parts and models like I am in studio mode but cannot move the camera.

This bug happens every time I test my game in studio. In order to reproduce, I need to go into my game, Play Solo or Play Here, hit stop, and it will happen.

This bug has been happening for the past day or two, but hadn’t been using studio testing prior so I am not sure how long.

Gif of the error: https://i.gyazo.com/169178606a4c688cae7dd3a2f5cc6ec0.mp4

Looks like it could be related to this issue I picked up a while ago: Testing features breaking when a script is killed after play solo has been stopped during an infinite loop

I may be missing something within my game, but I can still not figure out the issue and see no clues related to yours.

Just to update, everything works fine while actually playing the game, just not studio testing.

What are your machine specs? (graphics card, os, etc.)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700 HQ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 630 (MSI)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI)

Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!

Can you go to File->Settings->Rendering and tell me what GraphicsMode you’re using? Also, are your drivers up to date?

All drivers are up to date.
Using Direct3D9 GraphicsMode.

Just switch to D3D11.

1 Like

Without switching anything, I guess it fixed itself. However, will switching to D3D11 potentially prevent it from happening more?

You can also switch to Automatic and that should resolve the problem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.