Studio Viewport Pops itself out as New Tab but is Inaccessible

Reproduction Steps

Bug: Studio seems to pop the viewport out into a new window when you stop playtesting a second file, however the window is inaccessible. I’ve noticed it for a few days before this post, maybe 1-2 weeks ago as of 1 March 2023.

Frequency: 100%

Reproduce:

1. Open a blank studio #1
  2. Open another blank studio, #2
  3. Playtest studio #2
  4. Stop playtesting. Bug occurs.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
GTX 3080 Ti
Win10 Build 19044.2604

Expected Behavior

Viewport to not do this. For it to act normal

Actual Behavior

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-22 00:02:00 (-05:00)

7 Likes

Could you update and restart studio and try to repro it again? We changed up some code to mitigate this on the current release.

Hi, just tried it out. Seems to be even worse now, just opening a second studio causes the bug to occur.

1 Like

Do you see this on the same account you are posting on (preacher_online)?

If you want to resolve it manually, you can check this post Studio Docking [Fix]. It should not come up again after doing those directions, as long as you do it with no other sessions of studio open.

I am not clear why it is not resolving itself, though…
Can you

1. Post what version of Roblox Studio you are using. You can find it in File > About Roblox Studio
  2. A screenshot of the position of the 3d view. You’ll probably have to minimize everything since its not clickable.
  3. DM me your logs (don’t post publicly!)
1 Like

Yes, I’m using studio to edit a local file.

Resetting view did fix the issue, thank you very much.

1. version: 0.565.0.5650363

2. Unfortunately since your solution fixed the problem, I cannot get a screenshot of it. But it was usually popping out and would stay at the same size, but would move a little bit to the left and up. Whenever I had studio on my 2nd monitor (the original problem occurred whether or not I used 1 or 2 monitors) it would pop out and go back to my 1st monitor.

3. Unfortunately your solution fixed the problem, so I don’t have any logs of the issue, sorry : (

1 Like

A similar issue is happening to me where the studio icon pops up(not window), but when I click it nothing happens, and it does not go into studio. I cannot do this fix. I’ve lost a days worth of work due to this.

1 Like

Losing work is always a big concern for us, but I am not clear about the bug. Could you post a video or screenshot?

Edit: Resolved in DM with user

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.