Studio Vs In Game Play [Lighting]

I am trying to change the lighting and shadows to my game and it’s not appearing as it should.

All of the settings and such I want are put, in lighting along with casting shadows for all the objects I want.

This is how I view it in studio when I press play :

And this is when I publish it to the game, and play :

I am very confused. :confused:

2 Likes

You need to increase your graphics in game.

Are you using Future lighting?

Nope, that only changes the water.

I was, I tried shadow and future lighting. Both had the same issue.

Try using voxel and say what happens

I was alluding to if you were using Future lighting, it wouldn’t work since it only affects studio, not in-game. But either way I’m pretty stumped

1 Like

Future lighting is currently in its Beta stages right now. Meaning that it is not released to the public yet. You’re more than welcome to explore with it but it will not become to any visitors.

I recommend trying out the other lighting options.

1 Like

The lighting changed. Though this isn’t the effect I’d like to use.

I’m 100% sure it’s some plugin you have installed

1 Like

I have no plugins that affect the world lighting enabled. :confused:

I clearly see that free model sun lens flare plugin/script in the studio view that causes the brightness increase

2 Likes

It’s not a free model sun lens flare, it’s part of the lighting that comes with roblox.
I inserted the object.

If you want to achieve the effect of your liking, I highly encourage exploring the Lighting’s properties by playing with its ambient color and shadow color – you could also trying using a ColorCorrectionEffect and play around with the properties of that too.

1 Like

you have that lens flare script hidden somewhere

3 Likes

Voxel lighting is now working for night time, not sure exactly why this was giving me such an issue. Thank you all for helping me out. c:

I’m going to keep it like this- since it looks better appearance anyways.