Studio Warning when Save Errors Occur

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to work in a team create session without worrying about errors and server problems causing you to lose work. In this post, I’m specifically talking about server save failures.

This has happened to me 3 times now in the past 2 weeks, causing me to lose work on the first two. The third time I was lucky enough to notice the error and save a local copy of what I was working on. When things like this happen and studio is unable to save the game, I’d expect it to notify me that there is a problem more than just an error in the output (that some people don’t even have turned on!).
What I suggest is extremely simple. Just a warning box that pops up and says “hey, we can’t save the game right now to the server, so please do frequent local saves until communication can be re-established”. This may not happen often, but it occured enough for me to lose my work twice in the past 2 weeks and it would be really nice if I didn’t have to nervously check the console every time before I close studio to make sure I don’t lose hours of work. I can’t possibly imagine that I am the only one on Roblox that has this issue with losing work due to problems with TC saving.
This doesn’t need to be specific to the error I’m having, any time a save cannot safely be made this needs to warn you.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.
I don’t need to be specific, this is a no-brainier. It would help to prevent future loss of work and make it so we aren’t all nervous about saving things.

2 Likes

Can confirm, this always happens.

2 Likes