Studio will ignore most inputs after pressing multiple playtest buttons at the same time

When pressing the keybinds for Play Here and either Play or Run at the same time, Studio will disconnect most inputs. If a change has been made to the file, then you are forced to close Studio with Task Manager.
I have my Play, Play Here, and Run buttons very close to each other, and it is very easy to bump another when I mean to only press one. I run into this issue when that happens.
This only occurs when the Faster Play Solo beta feature is enabled.

Enabled Beta Features

• Dragger QoL Improvements
  • Faster Play Solo - Only occurs when this feature is enabled
  • Grass Length Customization
  • In-experience CSG Improvements
  • Luau Native Code
  • Mutlilayer Wrap Fix
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Terrain Editor
  • UIListLayout Flex Features
  • Updated Docking System
  • Updated Roblox Controls
  • Upgraded Shorelines

Studio Version
0.619.0.6190508 (64bit)

Frequency
Always

Reproduction

1. Open any project in Studio
  2. Press the keybinds for Play Here and either Play or Run at the same time
  • Output will be cleared.
  • Neither Play Here nor the other playtest you pressed will begin.
  • All mouse inputs will be disconnected. Regular keyboard typing will also be disconneted, but keybinds (like Alt + S for Studio Settings) will remain functional.
  1. Press any playtest keybind again.
  • That playtest will begin, but inputs will still remain non-functional.
  1. Attempt to close Studio by clicking the X in the upper right or by pressing Alt + F4
  • If a change has been made to the file, then the “Save changes to Place Name?” window will pop up. However, you will not be able to press any of its buttons; you are only able to drag it around and close it. You have to open Task Manager and force Studio to close, then open the auto recovery file.

Expected behavior

Either Play Here and the other playtest bound to the key you pressed should begin, and all inputs should remain functional.

A private message is associated with this bug report

Thank you for the bug report. We’ve been able to reproduce the problem and will investigate a fix. We’ll reach out if we need any more information.

1 Like

This should now be fixed! After a studio restart pressing both play and run simultaneously should no longer cause studio to hang. Please reach out if you see any other issues.

1 Like