Studio window keeps disapearing

Okay so like, I work on multiple computers, and this issue keeps happening. I’ve tried disabling all my plugins and yes. It still happens. :frowning:

So. As you can see below, this silly program we use just stops showing me the viewport. Wanna know why?

Because it opens up ANOTHER WINDOW It’s on my desktop!!!

So this essentially happens to the second studio I open. I need two studios open for work, and THEY KEEP BUGGING :(((

I use all the beta features, go away Im not disabling them I like them >:(

I have a 3090 and threadripper in my home pc and this still happens.

Expected behavior

I expect it to not break and let me see what Im working on PLZ

A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

This is now happening even with 1 studio open :frowning:

I am crying irl rn

This actually looks more like the docking corruption issue. We are actively working on permanent fixes for this (it’s a ton of work) but for now @Jaudr3y please try Reset View.

*I’m not an engineer, just a humble Product Manager :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This still happens. This bug is seriously starting to effect my workflow, as well as other developers. Please PLEASE PLEASE fix <3

as a solo dev this is insanely frustrating, and its starting to happen even more often now, i cant develop without my tabs just completely breaking apart

I promise we are actively looking at it. We just got a lot of logs from other devs experiencing the issue so we’ll see if it can give the team more insight.

1 Like

Hello - can you share more about “tabs breaking apart”? There’s two different, unrelated issues we are actively tracking:

• Game view goes blank when Play/Test is started. Temporarily fixed when the main window is resized

• Contents of docked panels disappear behind the main window or jump outside the main window (usually upper right/left corner of a display). Usually fixed with Reset View is called.

well it mostly only happens after doing a play test session, but sometimes it happens right after studio loads in
its a 50/50 chance of happening between both

edit: that resizing the tab solution did work, thanks lol

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this every time I start testing my games, I typically just toggle fullscreen to make it re-appear, for me after it re-appears it never dissapears again for that studio window.

Interestingly this bug doesn’t occur when I start play testing a local server where multiple studio windows pop up, none of them go blank, though I haven’t tested if it does before I apply the temporary fix.

2 Likes

Im experiencing the first one.

1 Like

Hello there Paul, I’ve recently discovered a trait of this bug. This only really happens if you have multiple studios stacked on one screen, I’ve noticed this in the last few days. Unless this bug has been patched lolol

1 Like

We’ve got a fix going live this week (in the next day or so) for the non-updating 3D View that happens when Play/Test is started.

The team is also working hard on a permanent fix for the general docking problems. They’ve got some promising progress that resolves a couple of them but our goal is to completely fix all known issues so none of us ever have to talk about docking problems ever again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same issue. When I open second place in my game, the main window are black and working window appear in left upper corner. This is very annoying.

We are aware of this and it’s part of the docking issues we are actively working on. In the meantime the devs suggest Reset View to clear your layout.

2 Likes

Can we expect to see a fix to this shorty? I currently have studio suspended over a bathtub. So any updates would be appreciated

Yes. As declared in the Creator Roadmap this is a top priority for the Studio team …and has been for multiple months. Our first deployment of robust fixes that prevent the corruption from happening at all should go out with this week’s release of Studio (v577).

1 Like

Hi all, just an update on docking corruption. We have drastically reduced the occurrences of this over the past few months, but we know there are still people affected by this daily. We have gathered a lot of data since the most recent changes and have a complete picture as to how this occurs and who it affects. At the current time we’re working to drive our instance count of this to 0 via a series of changes we’ll roll out in the coming weeks. There’s been a number of open threads on this from users experiencing this problem, and we’re consolidating them down to one to focus our messaging here. Please watch this thread for updates as we roll this out.

1 Like