Studio + Windows "Operation completed successfully" 0x00000000stu

To start off I’m here fully acknowledging that this is most likely a Windows issue, but I’m requesting help from the forum as we’re all familiar with the computer, so surely someone has related to this issue. Possibly with/without Studio being the victim.

This issue started off yesterday, launching Roblox Studio. This error prompt pops up:
Roblox itself launches perfectly fine, it’s Studio that is the issue.

Roblox opens an instance under Task Manager, but it doesn’t actually do anything. It’s just the name of Roblox Studio and the icon.

I’ve tried a series of web documented solutions, such as the following

1. Rebooted/Restarted my PC
  2. Uninstalling Studio through Windows
  • The same error popped up.
  1. Disabled Windows Real-Time Security
  2. Given my user “Full Control” as well as making sure it’s an administrator
  3. Running as an administrator
  4. A System file checker (SFC) scan,
  • In which my PC did find some corruption, and fixed it, but the issue with Studio continued.
  1. Ran through safe mode BIOS
  2. Updated my drivers, they were fully updated already
  3. Updated Windows, twice

The only thing that fixed this issue, yesterday, was manually deleting the local files and reinstalling Studio. Yet here I am today, with the issue at hand again.

Does anybody have any solutions that don’t revolve around wiping and reinstalling Windows itself? I’m assuming this has to be some sort of system corruption, but running the SFC scan again says it’s completely fine.

Update

Issue has since resolved itself. Randomly actually? The only thing I did that day to fix it was delete the ‘Roblox’ folder in %LocalAppData%. Hours later I attempted to get on and it’s been working since.

Update 2 - Dec. 8th, 2022

This issue is now relevant once again though with a slightly altered message alongside the 0x0 code

4 Likes

Thanks for the report, we’re looking into this.

4 Likes

I also have this issue, cleared my app data, ran sfc scans, and still have the exact error, and now can not even launch studio.

2 Likes

I’m glad to know someone else has this issue

Hey man, I got a temporary fix on my side, it may work on your side.

Completely delete ROBLOX related files/files, then head to the old developer create page (Create - Roblox) and then find a game, click edit, click open, and then it should install ROBLOX studio and open it automatically. I have no idea why this worked when nothing else did, may be something with the new versions.

Let me know!

2 Likes

This was my solution for yesterday, and it fixed it, but the issue popped back up again. It’s just a temporary fix, though I appreciate you tellin’ me!

My friend had the exact same error yesterday. He tried deleting all the Roblox Studio files and also used a program to delete the Roblox Studio registry keys but still got the same error. Today he went to Create - Roblox but instead of downloading Studio, he opened it using the prompt there. Now he says it seems to be working normally.

Experiencing this issue as well, had it for about 2 days now. I’ve tried anything that there is, nothing worked. Hopefully we can get a fix for this soon!

had it for entire year, the only way i got update is to re-open studio again till the bar fills.

Issue randomly fixed for myself yesterday, Studio’s been working since. Though I did delete the ‘Roblox’ file in Local App Data hours beforehand.

This issue is caused by an internet outage. Testing without an internet connection will result in this error as well.

Try launching RobloxStudioBeta.exe instead of RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe. This will prompt you to reinstall studio which should fix the issue.

Where did you find “RobloxStudioBeta.exe”? Can’t seem to find it anywhere

I don’t believe that’s the issue, rather I think that’s just another path to get to the issue.
My networks been working perfectly fine, that’s not the issue at hand.

You are sadly incorrect, this isn’t a networking issue, RobloxStudioBeta.exe is simply a path to Roblox StudioLauncherBeta.

This is caused by an API outage on ROBLOX’s side, and if it was a networking you’d receive a much clearer error.

1 Like

It is in the version folder. If your version was uninstalled there shouldn’t be any useful files:

1 Like

Really? I thought it was clearly the other way around. StudioLauncher launches studio and checks for updates, but the studio executable will run studio.

This has been proven in the past by previous versions, but I’m not aware of any changes to that functionality.

1 Like

It’s been over a month since this issue originated, and I’m assuming the original fix was on your guy’s behalf. As much as I appreciate that, the issue has come up again, though with a slightly differently message. Yet with the same error code.

12/8 1:00 CST
I’ve followed my original method in temporarily fixing it, just manually deleting local files, all seems to be well. Unsure as of right now if this will be reoccurring.

Apologies for not responding again when we initially fixed this! Must have slipped between the cracks.

I’ll follow up with our team about this again.

3 Likes

Thank you guys, appreciate y’all!

1 Like

We discussed this and this seems to be a random failure that shouldn’t happen again if you reinstalled. Not entirely sure if you are just from this information, but keep in mind that if you are using any third-party tools that modify Studio install, we don’t officially support that.

Please feel free to file another issue on this if you see the problem occurring again and you have repro steps for it!

1 Like