Every once and a while I decide my studio layout isn’t ideal for what I’m doing, so I try and change it up.
Nice! This should work good for me, let me just restart studio and make sure it’s all still in the right spot.
Oh. That’s not right. What if I try and just move one window/widget at a time, maybe that’ll work. I’ll try just putting the explorer beside the properties and then restart.
I can’t find a rhyme or reason why the windows either never save, or sometimes save their location and size. I can’t figure out why in play solo or start server windows pop up that shouldn’t, and I can’t figure out why some widgets refuse to stay open during different studio sessions. All I know is this behavior has plagued me for a long time. Making changes to windows in studio is always a huge gamble.
- Open studio and open a place file, or start a new place
- Resize and reposition any studio widgets and windows
- Close studio (up to you how you want to do that)
- Reopen studio and open a place file, or start a new place
- Observe the widgets and windows not in the same location
I can repro this behavior probably around 50% of the time, multiple resizes and changes seem to give a higher rate of occurrence, maybe 75%.
Over the past months I haven’t been able to find a definitive cause, and if anybody can contribute useful information as to the source of this bug, please do so.