Studio Windows Whitescreen After Inactivity

After 30-60 minutes of inactivity on a specific Studio window I’ve opened if I try to reopen that window the viewport and toolbar will whitescreen and that window will crash. This isn’t 100% consistent, but seems to be triggered by interacting with other programs (for example if I play a game or am using Photoshop). Once a whitescreen occurs it will always crash, I have to kill the program and reopen that place file. To the best of my memory this started happening infrequently around a month ago. The contents of that Studio place don’t matter, it could even be a baseplate and it will still whitescreen.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Have multiple Studio windows open.
  2. Leave one Studio window inactive in the background for a decent bit of time (30-60 minutes or more).
  3. Open and use another program (Blender, Photoshop, various video games, another Studio window) for that duration.
  4. After 30-60 minutes, focus that window.
  5. Whitescreen & crash.

System Specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s)
Display NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Monitor Dell 2560x1440p 144hz G-Sync Compatible
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Please reply if you require any specific log dumps of any kind (Studio crashing does not prompt or return any log files).

3 Likes

this happens to me too but if you just leave the viewport open it dosen’t do it

what i think is happening is roblox is trying to use less memory so it basically turns off the rendering but once you come back it tries to turn it back on and just dies at that point

1 Like

The bug report requirements very clearly tell you what to do with these files, and what to do to generate a dump if you’re experiencing a freeze, and not a crash. Do not make engineers ask you for files. Include them by following the instructions in the topic pinned under platform feedback.

1 Like