Studio won't open without admin privileges

Reproduction Steps

System Information: Windows 11
Beta Features: Canvas Group, CSG Version 3, Face Recorder, New Font Picker UI, One Click Collaborate Btn, Save rig with animation, Script editor api, start page list display

Expected Behavior

I expect studio to open when I run the program.

Actual Behavior

Studio does not open and says an error occurred.

img
Uploading: brokenstudio.gif…

Workaround

If you run studio with elevated permissions it’ll open. You have to do this every time you want to open studio.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-13 00:09:00 (-04:00)

2 Likes

Did you install studio the first time with admin privileges?

Same issue here.
Edit: I am also experiencing another bug, probably unrelated. Studio Crashes When Opening The Object Browser and What's New Menus While Editing Place - #102 by hunterk1241

This is probably because your Roblox Studio installation is located in program files, which requires elevated permissions to run (to modify files there)

A good solution is Uninstall Roblox Studio and reinstall it WITHOUT administrator permissions (simply double click)

1 Like

No, this is not a bug. Delete the registry key and delete the added files in Program files. Then, don’t run studio as administrator.

Like @Queenlxys said, this is intentional behavior. This is because you ran it as administrator when you installed it (who knows why).

An alternative fix is to change the permissions in the registry to your user account and not administrator.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. As stated above, this is not a defect. Try installing studio with admin privileges.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.