Windows incorrectly docking in Studio, malformed windows

I found a correct fix and it is to drag the game window and drag it back in, it somehow readjusts everything?

3 Likes

Just had this bug happen to my 2nd Studio tab, tried this fix and it worked. Thanks, I really didn’t know what to do about this!

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous bugs I’ve experienced thus far - how this has gone unfixed for over a month is downright baffling.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this as seen from the screenshots, I’ve been suffering it since thursday or friday, when the last update was released, I can get it to work some times but not all the time and it makes opening another studio file literally impossible

unable to resize
I also can’t put the workspace back into the centre of the studio window.

I’m also posting here because I cannot make a bug report myself

3 Likes

It has been a month and a half! It’s so hard to dev with this that I am forced to use mod manager!

2 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-studio-became-horribly-buggy-after-the-latest-few-updates/2005201/2
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/explorer-and-properties-tab-ui-wont-open/2014752/4

Have you tried deleting the registry key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Roblox\RobloxStudio yet? This has fixed many issues so far, so it’s worth a try.

4 Likes

I’ve tried everything. Fresh reinstall of studio.
It happens again and again.

Very weird. By chance, are you using any external program? If not, create a new local account and try running studio.

If that still doesn’t work, try changing these properties to change DPI scaling:

And, if you can manage to do so, try enabling the “DPI aware studio” beta feature.

2 Likes

Hey, that works! Thank you! This bug report will still be up since it does still affect a good number of people.

2 Likes

currently no way for me to fix this

1 Like

Wouldn’t the Test > Local Server feature classify as multiple sessions?

1 Like

ROBLOX, fix this issue please this has been the worst for the past 2 months now, it severely hinders my ability to work.

4 Likes

I’ve been using MaximumADHD’s “Roblox Studio Mod Manager” ever since

Same issue here it happens every time i open a 2nd studio instance.
The 2nd Instance is bound to be messed up with the ui

5 Likes

Can confirm as of 2022-11-07 that this bug is still in play. I only started getting it after the icon update. Not clue if it’s related, but it’s coincidental.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, this worked for me

Bro I have an issue where I the gui are not where they seem they are , you can click nothing and still move an gui object

This is how resizing an gui element goes:

i have the same issue and i cant work cause of this bug. why is it so hard to fix?

Thank you so much. I’ve been using an old studio version using StudioModManager since this update rolled out, specifically the August 30th update, and I wanted to wait it out until a fix came out, but earlier today studio would not let me log in and it said I had to update my studio. I use local servers a ton whenever I test out my scripts, and this broken ui really messed me up, to the point where I couldn’t even work on what I needed to get done, which resulted in the project being delayed by a few weeks at least until i realized mod manager existed. For now, these seem to work, thank you so much for this <3