Studio workspace 3D view not appearing

I am positive its because plugin conflict, I had the same problem but after disabling all of my plugins and restarting studio, the problem hasn’t appeared since.

I’m not sure, but the white/grey screen is also what happens if you set the “Graphics” option in Studio Settings to “None”. It’s set to “Automatic” by default. I switched it to “Vulkan” just now and launched a few times and it seems to have fixed it for me, but I could just be getting lucky.

Happens to me as well, no matter how many roblox windows I have open. I found that this issue is similar to this one: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/studio-windows-on-2nd-screen-saving-in-different-position-off-edge-of-screen/2088889/19

I believe roblox is already aware of this issue and will implement a fix soon.

1 Like

Hi @Maelstronomer, could you DM me a picture of the location of the corrupted 3d view? Is it on the top left, or somewhere else?

1 Like

I too experience this every single time after I playtest. It seems that studio creates another untouchable window for just the in-world view, and then main screen it left broken as well. Roblox Studio seems to be having massive amounts of docking issues lately…

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot of when you play test? I particularly need to know the location - currently we have made the assumption that when this occurs your 3d view is in the top left of studio.

Afterwards, any sort of reset view (Studio Docking [Fix]) will resolve the issue for the time being. Make sure you only have 1 session of studio open when you are doing the reset.

2 Likes

Here are both screenshots. First is the view of the separated 3d window (Only visible if all other windows are minimized), and the second is the main window (In front of the first screenshot). I took this directly after exiting play test.

2 Likes

Also, while I do appreciate that there is a temporary fix, this reset view command is not practical in any way. It resets every single one of my windows, resulting in me having to resize and reposition them every single time, which is very tedious.

1 Like

Having similar issues as well, but with any Roblox Studio I enter. This should be a severe Impact.

1 Like

When you playtest and it creates that non-viewable, a work-a-round I’ve found is to go into the ‘Test’ tab and change from ‘Client’ to ‘Server.’ I’ve noticed this ‘allows’ the 3D view to appear again.

1 Like

This happens when playtesting, based on what I’ve seen. Simply start playtesting and then stop it again (though it is inconsistent).

Or, if you’re running without a graphics mode, enabling graphics will fix the issue.

3 Likes

Happens to me too. Disabling plugins doesn’t work, but it fixes itself sometimes. The bug happens when I open a new plugin window.

Yes we know it is not ideal and apologize for the inconvenience. We are actively working to resolve the root causes of the issue — it’s quite a bit of work that will take more time than anyone would like.

5 Likes

Understandable my brother. Thank you for the response and outreach.

1 Like

A workaround I’ve found was to minimize Studio and bring it back, after bringing it back the frame will then appear

Experiencing this issue too.
Having a graphics mode set doesn’t resolve it either.

This happens to me sometimes too, only way it stops is if I wait a few minutes or close out. I don’t know if it’s bad internet or what.

Here is a quick fix: Click and hold the explorer until it gets out of its dock, after that the workspace view should re-appear, when it does just put the explorer dock back where it was.
I get this visual bug everytime I playtest.
This fix only applies if the workspace is not in a whole different window.
The only cause for this (for me) is high ram usage(either that or disk usage), of which studio engineers could take a hint for this bug causes.

Is now happening to me after studio updated making it hard to make progress on anything. Studio is almost unuseable as anytime I play test it happens.

I am also impacted by this. Constantly. It’s very annoying. Usually it, uh, the render…It…The render usually refreshes after you open up the script editor and then close it out.