Studio's explorer and properties window not interacting (on a Team Create place)

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
Studio is being slow and even sometimes not responding when trying to “open” a model/folder in the explorer and won’t even update the properties windows at all when selecting a different object in the explorer.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
This seems to occur all the time when working on a Team Create place.(https://www.roblox.com/games/1006216990/Intercepted-Rivals), ever since I downloaded the latest version of macOS (High Sierra)

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
I am not sure if this is place specific,
but here is the link to the place.(https://www.roblox.com/games/1006216990/Intercepted-Rivals)

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
https://gyazo.com/6dd474fde30368e5aae0923c163c0fe3

For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
https://gyazo.com/b13f29b56cd09993ee71824386ea4784

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
Ever since I downloaded the latest version of macOS High Sierra.

4 Likes

Hey @Adrian12094 I am going to file a bug report for this. We believe it is related to Mac OS High Sierra, but we will investigate further.

Thank you for the report and I will keep this thread updated as it goes through our processes.

2 Likes

Thanks!

@nsgriff This is now happening to me too. I’m on High Sierra but I have been since it came out. This was not an issue as recent as a week ago.

Although this post was made 11 days ago, I only began running into it tonight after updating Studio.

Studio is unusable with this bug around. I’m working on a Jailbreak update but it’s proving to be very difficult. Can’t find any workarounds…

EDIT: Opening a terrain editor plugin included in Studio seems to un-freeze these windows for a brief amount of time…

EDIT2: I am NOT using Team Create.

1 Like

I’m going to make sure Studio has everything they need to make sure we get fixes in for High Sierra asap. Thanks for the report.

1 Like

We’re currently working on getting our test lab set up with a 10.13 machine so we can resolve these issues. Please bear with us while we get this ready!

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

I’m using 10.13.1 and don’t encounter these issues with the Explorer/Properties. Does this happen to you if you open a baseplate and group some parts? Does this happen if you upgrade to 10.13.1?

This issue seems to have started shortly after upgrading to 10.13.1. I don’t remember having any of this issues in the past. But for some reasons this issue doesn’t seem to occur with me anymore. (maybe a new roblox update patched it?)

Alright. If you encounter this issue again, let me know (and about what time of day you encountered it) and we’ll investigate further!

Alright, thank you for your support :smiley:

Still running into the issue here. I’m running a Mac (not book) Pro. Just updated to 10.13.1 hoping it’d solve the issue, but no luck. It seems to happen immediately and consistently on my machine.

Edit:
I’m going to investigate how it begins, because doing what you said (opening a baseplate and messing around with groups, etc) worked 100% on that file. Going back to the Jailbreak file gave me issues. Keeping the baseplate file open but closing and re-opening the jailbreak file made the jailbreak file now work 100%. I’ll see what happens…

1 Like

Hey again,
I hate to say it, but I’m still running into this issue, but only intermittently. I’m not finding anything repeatable yet.
What about you @Adrian12094

Hello, sorry for the late response, unfortunately I haven’t been on Roblox Studio for a while. I might try to check if I stumble across the bug tomorrow.

Another late but yet quick response, the bug doesn’t seem appear at all for some reasons ; i have no idea what might have eradicated it (i still have macOS 10.13.1)

Oh no, it’s starting to occur again ;-;

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure out what causes this. It almost appears to be specific files.

1 Like

It could be, i have absolutely no clue

but this even happens on a team create place full of stuffs as well as an empty baseplate place…

Reviving this because a very similar issue began occuring for me.

The expand buttons don’t respond and seem to disappear randomly after closing/reopening the explorer window. The overall issue occurs relatively often, most noticeably during playtesting on the client. This is the first time it happened while first loading up Studio.

(Closing/reopening the place just fixed it for me) (Note, I’m on MacBook Pro, macOS Monterey)

I couldn’t find another topic about this issue except this one… Is this really a 5 year old issue or is this different?

1 Like

Same issue is occurring for me.

I’m on macOS Big Sur, currently on the x86 version of Roblox Studio, not the Apple Silicon Native Version.

Do you happen to be on the x86 version as well?