Studios Modeling Union/Negate with cylinder bug?

There were no issues a few days prior to this, when I would negate a cylinder then union it with another part, the sides all mess up, and its not true to how it looks. I have attached a quick video on what i’m seeing, not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but it is quite annoying.

External Media

1 Like

Honestly, unions in studio are honestly not that great, and especially not optimized. You always somehow get some messed up shading or topology, and it just ends up looking bad or is insanely unoptimized behind the scenes.

I don’t have an exact solution to this, but I can advise you to start using Blender rather than unioning/negating. You can accomplish much more complex and better looking shapes with Blender as well as just no issues like these when doing these operations.

1 Like

Are these comples Unions, or simple ones (like 200 Parts and negated Parts, or just a few Parts).

Are you using the latest version of CSG or have you changed it in your Studio settings? If you are unsure of what I mean go to your toolbar and select File > Studio Settings then possibly Rendering or Physics (I’m not sure which submenu CSG is on) and select the latest version. If you’ve never changed it then it should be the latest revision.

Yeah I figured out that it was a studio setting I changed, didn’t even realize that setting would do that. Thank you much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.