Stylised Farming Simulator

Disclaimer: Upon reading this, if you are at all interested in this game, and possibly even in helping shaping it’s future, you can join my new Discord server: Hq6QuwFBRB

Hi! I recently posted a thread on some hand-painted textures I did, and pondered creating a little thread to act as a ‘development log’ if you will.

Here are some currency icons:

Icons

Gem and Coin

This is the beginning of work, a tileable grass and ploughed dirt texture:

I’ll use this thread to post more updates!
I hope you like things so far. :smiley:

43 Likes

This looks amazing. i can’t wait to see the game finished.

4 Likes

Oh my! That looks incredible. It’s defintly a very advanced type of farming. Maybe add seeds and stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve finally managed to complete the first crop:

Left is planted, right is ready to harvest!

6 Likes

Simple planting and growth mechanics now!

10 Likes

Getting somewhere with the UI! I’ll probably revise all of this in the future and make something better… I hope. :flushed:

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, Im a sucker for stylised games.

Looks awesome.

5 Likes

Thank you! I’d really like to work my way around Subtance Painter/Designer and make some even cooler assets. :smiley:

1 Like

I got a functioning progress meter (don’t worry, watering plants will dramatically speed things up).

4 Likes

I want to prototype some decoration blocks and work more on the placement system, so I’m making stylised wood for some fences.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, this is AMAZING!
I love the textures and the style of it. Keep it up! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

:eyes: ey… will it have tractors? Asking for my dog. :grin:

2 Likes

Many tractors… and dogs! :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s a revamp of the slot UI in the shop interface. I’m in love with this style.

4 Likes

Some more UI mockup!

2 Likes

This was an experiment with Substance Painter, I don’t really like the wood.

2 Likes

Making some progress on the title screen!

3 Likes

That doesn’t really look like wood in my opinion. If you add some eyes and lines moving across it, it would look more convincing.

2 Likes

Bruh I am making same type of game too although mine will be advanced and contains pests and plant diseases and plant killing Fungai and other stuff

but I plan to make it not just farming i included such as finding plants for your collection by travelling and including a npc village

you know just like stardew valley but more advanced

Edit: i am currently having problems with images decal textures being blurred and low quality
i want some tips for making them

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it. I’ve made a few iterations now with varying styles and I think it’s slowly improving - will definitely make sure to make a more accurate depiction!

I normally block out an idea of the UI and the size of different elements in Studio so I can get an idea of the size in Photoshop, and the quality stays pretty intact, give or take some certain elements that I ‘cheated’ with and just scaled for now. I then use Pixelfix to further refine the edges so when it’s uploaded to Roblox, they don’t blend and cause those black outlines.

2 Likes