Subscriptions within experiences: Livetopia Implementation

Announcements has already previously been misused for an advertisement back in November 2020 but that one was more egregious in that it suggested financially supporting someone who had been actively working against developers on the platform. Use case examples already exist on the Creator Hub for other articles and Roblox previously had an exclusive category under Resources called Roblox Tutorials that they used to share content that otherwise doesn’t fit right on the Creator Hub.

Please make this the last time. I track Announcements because I want important creator updates in my feed, not noise. I bluntly do not care to hear about implementation stories like this nor for Roblox to continue trying to entice me to use a feature with carrot stick benefits that both already do not resonate with me at all. Announcements is never the right avenue to advertise.

26 Likes

I tried to report this announcement as being spam, because this is not an announcement, it’s an advertisement. It appears this post has been manually approved. Roblox staff, please stop violating your own rules.

13 Likes

this is not the correct topic, consider keeping stuff like this out of announcements

10 Likes

Hi discodorothy,

I totally don’t understand the massive wall of text that you wrote that has nothing to do with what the person actually replied, and just talked about the feature related in the post.

We understand that Livetopia would like to share this, but what does this have to do with the inappropriate placement? There are already existing categories that this post could have gone in.

Sincerely, Raterix.

15 Likes

people would 100% be more on board with shilling to roblox if their game actually ended up getting any recognition, yet instead roblox (and its staff) does… this.

7 Likes

I think a post such as this could go here:

On the subject of DevForum category reform, could you provide an ETA, if there is one, about the following?

13 Likes

How ironic for a ROBLOX to misuse their own categories.

13 Likes

Few Issues:

1. Why is this in announcements? I don’t care if some game is using subscriptions, keep that to the already existing categories.
  2. Where are the numbers? Why would I be more incentivized to add subscriptions when I don’t even know if this is working well for livetopia or not. From games that I’ve looked at, subscriptions are doing horribly, one popular game added subscriptions as a replacement for a gamepass, currently the subscription is making just 10% of what the gamepass was. How is that worth it? Maybe you should have listened to developers and made it avalible for Robux in the first place.
18 Likes

Why not just add this to the existing post or the documentation page?

This is the Announcement channel, not a promote existing features channel. People rely on this channel to get important updates on features and potentially game breaking changes. It’s not respectful to add unhelpful noise which makes it harder to sort out the actually important information.

Seems like Roblox really loves subscriptions.

16 Likes

Can we not advertise creator’s games in the announcements channel? Thanks.

11 Likes

The bots that are mods won’t do anything. Welcome to dev forums!

5 Likes

I could not care less. Subscriptions are predatory to small devs and players.

10 Likes

first off, why is this an announcement? second off, for the love of god, subscriptions are going to be HORRIBLE for newer devs and communities. ofc it’s going to be good for the giant developers with tons of robux to just get more robux but as a whole this is going to hurt so many more people than it will help. for the love of god

5 Likes

Let’s take a look at the Subscriptions Sort:

Development places of games:

Stolen IP games:

Suggestive NSFW games:

Looks like Subscriptions are doing great!

13 Likes

Subscriptions! Helping everyone BUT actual developers!!™

8 Likes

thanks for the game recommendation, I’ll be sure to avoid it!

17 Likes

Ok. Lemme ask y’all something, Roblox. Was it really necessary to construct a wall of text made of the magical material called corporate garbage in maybe the wrong category about how an experience, one singular experience, adopted a new feature?

Fabulous waste of a few seconds to those who set #updates to watching first post.

11 Likes

Add Robux Subscriptions, where it will automatically cancel if the player has no Roblox like VIP servers.
I dont want to be charging USD for in my games for subscriptions the community would hate it and I as a player would not be very happy with it too. In the meantime developer product subscriptions is the way to go…

10 Likes

That’s it? That’s the announcement? That’s just an advertisement!

(Also, screw subscription services.)

8 Likes

You really made an announcement about a Brookhaven copy?

(By the way, I know Brookhaven itself is a copy, but Livetopia is a copy of a copy…)

5 Likes