Subscriptions within experiences: Livetopia Implementation

I think a post such as this could go here:

On the subject of DevForum category reform, could you provide an ETA, if there is one, about the following?

13 Likes

How ironic for a ROBLOX to misuse their own categories.

13 Likes

Few Issues:

1. Why is this in announcements? I don’t care if some game is using subscriptions, keep that to the already existing categories.
  2. Where are the numbers? Why would I be more incentivized to add subscriptions when I don’t even know if this is working well for livetopia or not. From games that I’ve looked at, subscriptions are doing horribly, one popular game added subscriptions as a replacement for a gamepass, currently the subscription is making just 10% of what the gamepass was. How is that worth it? Maybe you should have listened to developers and made it avalible for Robux in the first place.
18 Likes

Why not just add this to the existing post or the documentation page?

This is the Announcement channel, not a promote existing features channel. People rely on this channel to get important updates on features and potentially game breaking changes. It’s not respectful to add unhelpful noise which makes it harder to sort out the actually important information.

Seems like Roblox really loves subscriptions.

16 Likes

Can we not advertise creator’s games in the announcements channel? Thanks.

11 Likes

The bots that are mods won’t do anything. Welcome to dev forums!

5 Likes

I could not care less. Subscriptions are predatory to small devs and players.

10 Likes

first off, why is this an announcement? second off, for the love of god, subscriptions are going to be HORRIBLE for newer devs and communities. ofc it’s going to be good for the giant developers with tons of robux to just get more robux but as a whole this is going to hurt so many more people than it will help. for the love of god

5 Likes

Let’s take a look at the Subscriptions Sort:

Development places of games:

Stolen IP games:

Suggestive NSFW games:

Looks like Subscriptions are doing great!

13 Likes

Subscriptions! Helping everyone BUT actual developers!!™

8 Likes

thanks for the game recommendation, I’ll be sure to avoid it!

17 Likes

Ok. Lemme ask y’all something, Roblox. Was it really necessary to construct a wall of text made of the magical material called corporate garbage in maybe the wrong category about how an experience, one singular experience, adopted a new feature?

Fabulous waste of a few seconds to those who set #updates to watching first post.

11 Likes

Add Robux Subscriptions, where it will automatically cancel if the player has no Roblox like VIP servers.
I dont want to be charging USD for in my games for subscriptions the community would hate it and I as a player would not be very happy with it too. In the meantime developer product subscriptions is the way to go…

10 Likes

That’s it? That’s the announcement? That’s just an advertisement!

(Also, screw subscription services.)

8 Likes

You really made an announcement about a Brookhaven copy?

(By the way, I know Brookhaven itself is a copy, but Livetopia is a copy of a copy…)

5 Likes

Everyone just needs to flag this post repeatedly until the bots give up responding to it and just remove it.

9 Likes

Honestly, subscriptions might be good and all but seeing it in a Roleplaying game is just a really bad implementation. You’re basically shelling out like 3-4 dollars a month for a roleplay house? Like I get it you need to pay the bills and devs but come on you don’t even get to change up the houses and whatnot

4 Likes

I genuinely cannot comprehend why anyone would pay, say, 5-10 dollars a month of REAL currency, for a virtual house that’s decorated a different way in a game with a primary demographic of children aged 13 and under, where the main focus of the game has nothing to do with the home that you live in, but roleplaying in whatever setting the game takes place in.

Really glad that you guys are just blatantly advertising a game that’s only focusing on monetization towards children.

6 Likes

Exactly. I’ve played the game before and there’s NO customization what-so ever, except for having SOME collectable items able to be featured in SOME houses. That’s right, not every house has collectable showcases. There’s nothing more to this game than trying to get money from both advertising AND children who have access to their mothers credit cards.

Roblox. I love you, but get yourself together.

3 Likes

Isnt that the entirety of Roblox?

3 Likes