Successful Cafe Support

Hello! I’m going to be opening my cafe soon, and I had a few questions. I’ve created many cafes in the past, however they weren’t successful. I always tend to end up spending more ROBUX than I end up making from the game. I have recently been putting lots of time, effort, and thought into my cafe, and I really want this one to work out. The questions I have will be listed below.

1. How much should I be advertising when I create an ad? How often should I advertise, and for how long? Do I advertise the group or the game? Lastly, will I end up making more ROBUX then I spent?

2. This is a new game, and it is going to have little to no players. How much should I have the gamepasses listed at? The gamepasses will be listed below.

Gamepasses
VIP - perks: Image perms in the Discord server, exclusive chat in the Discord server, and a VIP lounge in the game. Suggested price?

Segway - perks: Gives you a segway to cruise around on in the game! Suggested price?

Rainbow Nametag - perks: Gives you a rainbow nametag. Suggested price?

Those are all the gamepass ideas I have for now. Should I add more? Should I remove some? Please leave opinions. I want this cafe to really work out this time.

1. How should I find staff that are committed? In the past, I have hired staff and they end up playing for a day or so and then are randomly never seen again. How should I get dedicated staff with no players playing since it is not released yet?

Those are all the questions I have for now. Please leave your feedback as I want this group to really be a success and generate more income than I have spent on it so far. Please leave ALL tips that you think I should know to make this group successful and active. I will leave pictures of the game below!

2 Likes

If you’re really wanting to know, price them appropriately to what you’ll be getting out of them. No one wants to spend 2k robux for 2x points. so just be reasonable.
Segway - 250 is reasonable

Rainbow Name Tag could be 100 since it’s just a color change

And vip perks could be 500+ robux depending on what you plan to add on them in the future.

Another perk is to never dump much into your game until you get sustainable earnings to spend.
Instead of advertising you could make a sort of messaging bot that sends out messages to people with similar cafe groups to yours, I’ve been a developer of a group who has done that in the past and they had gotten 4k members over the course of a few weeks

Getting active staff will be hard, but when they’re inactive, their roles will be removed overtime, make this clear so people might tend to be more active on your game.

3 Likes

How would I go about making an advertising bot?

It’s hard to say, I’ve found a repository that has a roblox message bot, just go searching around until you find something to start with. You could host the code on repl, and make it stay alive like that.

1. When advertising it’s always good to find a good artist. Once you have a good artist you should do what I call “Testing The Market” and only make an ad of like 100-300 Robux. Once you see how that ad did you can determine if it looks like it will do well with a large ad campaign. Then start with maybe a 2k ad campaign. If you don’t get the results that you expected then lower the amount maybe. If you still don’t get what you wanted out of it then you can find another artist and redo everything that was mentioned above. However, ads take time, and getting a group to grow will also take time.

2. I don’t really know much about the gamepasses prices because it’s hard to figure that out at first. You should go around at some larger group and see what theirs are priced at and make yours lower. You want to make yours lower at first because you want people to buy the gamepasses that you have put for sale. Once you start getting the players and the gamepasses are being bought then it would be a good idea to maybe raise the prices a little bit. Overall you want to make it to where people want to buy these passes.

3. Getting staff at first will of course be the hardest part. My biggest recommendation is to make sure that you as the owner are active with the other staff members. Once those staff members see you active they have an example to follow and sometimes you will get more staff from that activity. Overall it just takes time to get more staff members, especially the active ones which group owners want.

1 Like