Sudden Frame Freezing caused from ProcessInput in Microprofiler

As of recent (First noticed yesterday), I noticed my Roblox Client having spontaneous, sudden frame brief short frame freeze that comes and goes. It occurs only on my client, as my friends don’t have these freezes when playing the same game on the same server. It occurs every ~3-8 seconds and its effects can be felt in-game and seen in the Microprofiler.

The cause is from Worker::runJob → Render → PreRender → ProcessInput → updateControllers and it appears as a high ms, something like 150 - 244ms for each of these frame lag spike occurrences in the microprofiler.

In case this is related to the recent update on Input Processing, I’ve made a post here expressing my concerns here:

This occurs 100% of the time, in every game for me. I am unable to enjoy Roblox games until this issue is resolved. A fresh install did not help the issue, and I’ve updated my internet drivers and NVIDIA Geforce Studio graphics driver.
IF you need more information, please don’t hesitate to reply. This bug is critical to me and my experience.

Where: In-game.
When: 100% of the time, spontaneous, suddenly in-game, every ~3-8 seconds. Every game, even baseplate places.
Reproduction steps: Client-based
Log files + Microprofiler dumps: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/sudden-frame-freezing-processinput-in-microprofiler/2418461?u=beartikal
Videos showing the issue: Render → PreRender → ProcessInput → updateControllers in MicroProfiler
Game 1: Streamable
Game 3: Streamable

Pictures that show the issue:
(Note that CPU usage remains consistent in Task Manager despite the red shown below, which I found strange)

Render below goes to red suddenly during these frame freezes, and then returns to the normal green color:

Nothing out of the ordinary here when this sudden frame freeze occurs:

System Information:

Expected behavior

Smooth gameplay should occur, and no high ms should be taken by ProcessInput in the micro profiler.

10 Likes

I also experience this issue, my fps drops periodically, going to 1-2 fps and always returning back to 60+ after 7-8 seconds.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

I want to update you that I am no longer encountering this issue as of yesterday, but considering that it did occur it might be best to look into it still.
Update 6/14: Appears to happen on and off, but it returned briefly yesterday.
Update 6/22: It resurfaced today, but again, it doesn’t appear permanent. Still occurs…

A look into this would be appreciated still.

4 Likes

Adding on, I’ve been dealing with the same issue.

The pictures were taken from different games and it occurred on all of them

4 Likes