Sudden ID=17 error for multiple players in my game

For the last year, I’ve done several complete make overs of my games server system; Trying my very best to bypass all the bottlenecking done by roblox glitchy and outright malfunctioning server system.

So it’s more than troublesome when I one day go on roblox and twitter and get this:

Why is my game suddenly causing ID=17 issues and why doesn’t it affect all games equally?

There’s absolutely nothing I can do except watch as my playercount plummits once again. Nice.

10 Likes

Namnlös2

2 Likes

Posting a bunch of player complaints doesn’t really help pin down the issue. Can you provide the following information?

• Link to place (always provide this, even if you think it’s obvious)
  • Earliest you received a complaint
  • What users are doing to cause the error (just joining? teleporting between places?)
  • How often does this happen for users (100% of the time? randomly? when they’ve played longer than an hour?)
  • How severely has this affected your average #visitors/playtime? (to gauge size of affected audience)
  • Any other information that could help track down the issue

The more information you provide, the more quickly this can be resolved. Providing very little information will only making it harder to track down the issue and delay it being fixed.

Bugs are not fair. They usually affect games based on how they’re implemented, and not all games are implemented the same way.

1 Like

Is this still happening? I was able to repro this yesterday, and it seemed to align with one of our server providers in LA having issues.

This happens to me as well. Early this year, late last year this happened a lot. Recently, it doesn’t happen too much to me anymore but normally I just disconnect when I’m playing a game and when I go to rejoin it says ID=17. Not sure if this helps any, but it does still happen, just not as often as before.

I have not gotten any new complains about this recently so I presume it was just that faulty server then.
Thanks for the feedback @Khanovich!

Getting quite a few reports that players are losing connection to my game as well…

Now I’ve gotten 3 reports of ID=148 within last day, they’ve reinstalled roblox, can play other games, but everytime they try to play my game they get:

Not sure what to do so I’m just reporting it here…

1 Like

Post more information here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-client-doesnt-update-on-thursdays/22619

1 Like

This happens to https://www.roblox.com/games/510411669/Fantastic-Frontier-1-10a-Beta

Specifically, it must be the servers under stress, in my belief.

2 Likes

Hi @Khanovich I understand this is a pretty old post but our game Perris, California is based in Los Angeles and we are having the same problem! Our servers loose connection after a few hours. My game link is :cactus: Perris, California - Roblox

1 Like