Suggestions and Recommendations for Showcase

Hey all, I’ve decided to re-continue work on a showcase and I was wondering where I should go next with it. Here’s the link: Lush: The Beginning [Showcase] - Roblox

If you don’t want to check it out here’s a pic:

Any suggestions or recommendations would significantly help me continue with the project, thanks in advance!

9 Likes

Well, to add some decor to the water, maybe some animals? Such as a duck, swan etc.

2 Likes

My only concern is this bridge. Isn’t the bridge meant to look different?

Look at the “pillars” or feet of the bridge?

Anywho, I can’t provide you with more feedback, as your showcase is pretty beautiful.

4 Likes

Such a lovely game! This does give me inspiration to make my own showcases.

There’s little things you can refine:

1. Terrain

This triangle looking terrain exerted from the ground could be smoothed

2. Trees
    Personally, I find it difficult to find the right trees if you’re getting mesh ones- its difficult to make them blend in with the game.
    I feel like these leaves could be smaller and maybe use the grass material? Its up to you obviously, but it seems that the trees doesn’t work for me in this wonderful environment of yours.

3. Plants
    You could try to make this vegetation more dense, just a bit? Sorry I’m being a bit nit-picky.

4. Bridge
    I very much agree with @Someware, the structures are supposed to be perpendicular with the direction of the river.

5. Lighting
    Lighting is so important to make a game look so beautiful and this is where you can show more flare in this showcase. The sun is not in a great position, you should try to change your GeographiclLatitude to deal with this bloom: image
    Or simply just turn down the bloom

Secondly, I think you could add more sunlight, try to get a sunset there with more of a orange tinted environment. You can get a contour of the rocks in the game which will make the showcase look even more beautiful (experiment with ColorShift_Bottom for the shadows).

1. House Rooftop
    You could maybe give more diversity in colours with this top row of planks, looks like you got a sly pattern going on:

Overall, this is a really good game. I’d say I’m nit-picking but someone is going to do that eventually- but I hope this critique would of helped you in one way or another. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hmm…this is another situation where I have to decide on bullet pointing or paragraphs. Ah, screw it.

I would recommend:

• Hiding the cursor as well as making footsteps soundless.
  • Give the grass meshes the same colour as the terrain grass.
  • Detail the house much, much more. Bricks should really be individual, both in the door frame and elsewhere. I would make the wooden planks of the door itself have rounded edges. The windows look extremely undetailed too. I’d give the handle a more metal look, probably with the material and a darker colour.
  • Would use different shades for things like wooden doors. Not all wood is the same colour.

Shameless self-promotion: I made a showcase a bit like this so I will show you some pictures of what I did where you could improve!
In terms of making windows and stuff look more detailed.
In terms of wooden planks.

Overall, I’d just recommend putting more detail and time into your build. If it’s a showcase, you’re trying to make the best of your own abilities. :slight_smile:

@uJordy r/uselessarrow

1 Like

So amazing. There’s really no imperfections but there are some ways to improve.

Suggestions

• More trees, flowers, bushes and vegetation

• Aliasing terrain in some areas (at the front of the bridge)

• More polish and detail overall

Thank you for helping me on Roblox PMs by the way. I recently got promoted to the New Member role. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like