Suggestions for advertising my Roblox game

Note: This is my very first post, I hope this is the right category.

Hello! For the past 3 years, I have been developing a Roblox obby called “:star: Fun Obby”. I have spend over 500 robux on advertisements but still I haven’t gotten any concurrent players yet… Does anyone have any suggestions how I could try to increase the player base?

3 Likes

I’d spend a lot more than 500 Robux for advertisements if you really want your ads to be noticed. Also, there’s always social media (tiktok, youtube, twitter, etc) where you can promote your game however much you want.
I also saw your game icon/thumbnail, most games with concurrent players have an eye-catching icon with a thumbnail so that there’s more of a chance for users to click on their game. You can see examples in the Discover Page on Roblox.
Your game’s also an obby, which is a really competitive field of games to get players in, so I understand it’s not easy LOL

Good luck on your game!

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I will try my best to use all of the information you provided me.

2 Likes

You can also do something that a lot of people do: advertise in groups. You just go on groups you joined then you post something that explain what is your game, with a link to your game.

2 Likes

Interesting. Thank you as well for the help!

1 Like

Most definitely. Advertising in competitive fields adds an extra layer of challenge for your game to gain transparency. Pitching in a little more $ on advertisements and having quality, well-made icons will certainly help bring your game to light. (Don’t forget about the quality of the game as well!)

Also, it’s important to note that gaining players takes time, even after one or more of these steps have been taken.

2 Likes

Be sure to check if advertising is allowed before to advertise and DON’T SPAM ! It’s very annoying when you have a spammer in your group. I know it because sometimes they are spammers in my group.

3 Likes

I will defenetely make sure to check the rules first. I don’t want to have a bad rep. as a developer to avoid getting dislike spammed.

2 Likes