Suggestions on anti-virus plugin

Hello!

I am currently working on an advanced anti-virus plugin for Roblox studios. What makes it so “Advanced” is that:

• It takes into account the name of the script and determines right from the start whether it sounds like a virus script name or something that should be investigated.
  • If the script has either been labeled as a virus script or a suspicious script, the plugin will use “script.Source” to take a look into the virus/suspicious script source code and look for some main keywords such as “require” or “getfenv” and general functions virus scripts usually uses.
  • If the script has passed the last two tests to see if it is a virus script, the plugin will take a look at what’s the parent of this script and where it is located. If it located somewhere hidden in between welds and Instances users don’t usually go looking for scripts, and the parent is like a “WeldConstrait” or something of that sort, it will label the script as 100% a virus.

(The script will be marked as “suspicious” and left for the user to look through if it has passed some but not all tests)

And so you might be left wondering, “Well, what’s so special about that, don’t all anti-virus plugins work like that.” To answer that question, some kind of have similar features like this one, but most (not all) of them just take into account script names.

And now for what the topic was about, what are some script names that you have found in free models before that sounded suspicious to you or you 100% knew from the start to delete it because you immediately knew it was a virus. Can you write down some you have encountered/heard about? Even just 1 is appreciated. Thanks!

(Edit: Here is a list of the names and keywords I already have. If you are able to think of any other, feel free to reply!):

If you also want me to give me feedback on the icon of the plugin, that would also be very highly appreciated:

(Sorry about the watermark, I just don’t want anyone to steal it lol)

(EDIT: Here’s the plugin: Safe Scan - Roblox)

2 Likes

Well I inserted a sign, and it had 2 scripts named “MarketplaceService” and they had prompt purcheses to make the player buy random items. Edit: now that I have a builder, I dont use free models :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes the scripts are left blank: ’ ',‘WeId’ (not WeLd but WeId). Those are the current two I’ve seen.

1 Like

I have realized that upon looking at some random free models. I added a part of the name checking test to see if the name has less than 3 characters. If it does, it will be labeled as suspicious!

1 Like
  1. This plugin will be for the people who are kinda lazy about making a game and still want to be safe from ss exploiters lol

2. I quickly added a keyword for when checking the script’s source code to look for services such as “MarketplaceService” and will be labeled as suspicious if it passes the script’s source text

1 Like

I have only seen a lot of things like random letters/numbers/characters. I have seen one that was named ‘ANTI VIRUS’ as well. Thats it though.

2 Likes

You should also probably check for malformed string as they’re pretty common too.

1 Like

You should also add in the script’s with the name “inf3cted” or “infected” inf3ected is common for a virus.

2 Likes

@misssurenitysweety I am planning on adding that to the list, but I am scared the plugin will accidentally label an actual “Anti-Exploit” as suspicious.

@skillednames I don’t know yet how I’m going to implement a way for the code to look for malformed strings because some strings are sometimes different than others, but I am definitely going to find a way to implement that in

@happle5222 I just added so it labels script names with numbers as “suspicious” thanks to your comment on that, thanks!

1 Like

REALLY IMPORTANT:
Vaccine
That script name literaly crashes you’re game.

1 Like

What watermark

1 Like

Well, umm… The one some you can still see on the red parts of the image 0_0

My bad, give me a moment…

1 Like

I’ve seen some be called “Lighting fix” and “Terrain”

1 Like

Is this better?

1. Still some at the legs and the text, but close enough

2. You might have my icon, but you don’t have my coding >=)

PS. Please don’t steal my icon, I literally had to sit and think for a long time on making it the design it is now : (

1 Like