Suggestions on game lobby

I’ve just begun working on a lobby for an upcoming game I’ve been working on in my free-time. Right now is a current progress shot from what I have done so far. There is still a lot to add, even to what is seen from this photo.

I’d like to hear your opinions and suggestions, whether scenery or what else could be added, changed, etc. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you show any more photos? What’s the theme of your game? I could tell you were going for a staple style but I need more pictures.

2 Likes

That’s currently it for right now, everything is coming from the imagination. Basically, it’s going to be an open-world player vs player game where players roam the map searching for loot and controlling different landmarks around the map to gain their faction points. The faction with the higher points, allows players to gain higher leveled gear, boosts, and more for the duration of the reign.

Currently just a concept coming into place, but that is the basic idea. The style I’m trying to go for is not as realistic, but low-poly in a way, if that helps get a general idea across.

So conquering land? Just like Rome for example? Life how it was in B.C.E?what

Try adding a little small obby to keep players occupied while they wait. Or provide environmental props like crates, slides, or even a water fountain to mildly distract players. Since you’re working with darker elements, you can definitely play around with lighting a bit. Add fireflies, sparks, light trails, and whatnot.

4 Likes

I believe that your lobby is your game place for advertising as much as you can about what the game is about and should contain as many enticements as you can manage so the player is immediately immersed into your games atmosphere and encourages the player to proceed with playing the game.

2 Likes

Looks really good, try adding making a little bigger so plays can walk around more. You don’t want it to be to small for the players and you, can add more trees and details to it hope to see more pictures with the final lobby.

1 Like

Eh more control points in a creative way.

Thanks for the feedback! You’re right about giving some insight on the mechanics and such of the game, thank you!

I like that firefly idea and the other ideas. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey, it looks cool, however there are some small changes that can make your lobby look better.

1. I am not sure if the floor has studs in it, but I am pretty sure it does. If you like that, you can keep it, however in my opinion, I would make it smooth.

2. The gate. I saw the gate on the side and thought it needed something behind it. Maybe add a map voting area, or just add a street; not making it look like you can just fall off the edge of the world.

Hope this helped!

2 Likes