Suggestions on Physics Constraints to Achieve this effect?

My goal is to create a flying mechanism similar to the one shown in this gif:

Physics Constraints/Body Movers to achieve this effect?

As shown in the gif, the character does not begin moving towards the grapple point until a button is held, propelling him forward. This leads me to believe the grapple acts as a guide, while the force propels him forwards.

For example, even when no force is applied to propel forwards, the character’s momentum combined with the rope allows them to swing around

I have messed around with some physics constraints in an attempt to recreate this, and I feel like I’m heading in the right direction, however I am looking for feedback on what you think the best combination of body movers would be.

Things that I have tried:
Spring Constraints - This worked alright, my method with this was to have a spring constraint in between your roblox character and the hook point, and then setting the constraints FreeLength to 1, pulling your character forward. However this applied too much force, was way too elastic, and didn’t exactly work the way I wanted with the rope only acting as a guide, not the propelling force. Here is a gif of the spring constraint:

My attempt with Spring Constraint. Too fast, too elastic.

Rope Constraints - Im thinking of using these as the guide to the point, and then applying another force (Body Thrust?) to the back of the character, but then I face the issue that the rope needs to subsequently get shorter as they move towards the point, similar to a grappling hook.

In short, I am looking for suggestions on what physics constraints and/or body movers that I could use in combination to attach your character freely to a point, and then propel them towards that point.

1 Like

This is not an exact answer to you question, but:

I think if you try messing with the spring properties enough, you will get what you are looking for. I’m pretty sure I saw someone make one of these with springs a while back.

I will say that before things like spring constraints and rope constraints existed, we used to use only BodyMovers.

If no one replies to this thread with in a day, I’ll try to talk to some of my friends who used to make this stuff and ask how they did it.