Suggestions or wisdom for rpg game?

Im looking for some feedback on what seems like a better/more successful, way to have a enjoyable combat system, one that looks nice and has good avability. (sorry if my english is poor)
So, I have been working on a rpg styled game, has magic, meele ,and ranged; combat alike, Ive been working on numerous different ways to have a combat system, with good animation, and good player combat.
Ive looked at differnt ways to do this, as well as differnt games and how they do their system. I was wondering if I should have it more related to how a “figher style game” (example would be a jojo game) combat system. Imagine their stands as their weapons, where the weapon is not a hotbar tool. Or would a other style game, where weapons are hotbar oriented. Which would be better?
Next question would be pertaining to tool animations and such, If I were to go the hotbar method, having advanced animations is not an incredible problem, but I remember seeing issues pertaining to exploiting due to the events based on the animation from the weapon. Refering to the topic of ( [How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)]How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)) I am not sure if it is a good idea to worry about that or not.

I have other concerns about big maps and lag, but I will leave that for a topic later down the line.

azxcewdasdas

Since you’re making a RPG Game with combat (obviously), I’d only have one thing to say to do when making combat, do NOT use .Touched(). It’s a horrible and unreliable function to use, the reason why is that it’s too slow to react, meaning that fast, moving attacks cannot properly work or in other words, janky.

For the Jojo-Stand system thingy or the Hotbar, It’s personally up to you but I’d say the Hotbar. The reason why is that with the Hotbar, if a player is smart enough, the player can combine multiple weapons within the Hotbar to fight an enemy or boss (For example: Player can use a melee weapon within close range within the boss and vise-versa.). It can allow creative plans and solutions.

For the animating tools part, I’ve actually used that a lot. Personally, I’d think you’d should do that before making the weapon and after making the functionality of the weapon so the weapon isn’t stuck on the right side of your hand. Plus, you can do cool things using that, such as being able to make the player toss the weapon out of their hands.

For the big map, I’d say try making a random generated world plugin.
And as for the lag: I’d say try adding some configurations that reduces lag within the game, such as removing some detail about the game such as particles.

Hope this helps!

1 Like