Suggestions, Tasks, and good practices?

Hello, Devs, this is my first time posting on here ever in my lifetime and I will try my best to get along with everyone in this community.

However, I will get straight to the point. I am a programmer/scripter and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to practice. I have been practicing programming/scripting for about 2 months or more. I’d say I have a majority of the basics down. I just want to know if anyone has any ways they practice or ways to just get better in general without just watching youtube tutorials or making games. I’ve been scripting everyday for 5 hours or maybe less for the past months.

Any suggestions on how to get better at scripting like tasks or any challenges maybe like a mini game that isn’t too hard?

4 Likes

So here is what I did to get real good in a couple months! I experimented code. Here’s an example! A youtuber changes you how to detect when someone presses on a key, and then they teach you how to change a parts brickcolor put that together and make when you press a key a parts color changes!

1 Like

Well, this is a very broad topic. I’d give some tips like use module scripts often, name your variables the same way (example: firstName, lastName), etc. Not sure if this is what you want?

1 Like